“A nice change, good value for the type of restaurant it is”

The Frustrated Chef
Ranked #2 of 51 Restaurants in Beeston
Reviewed 16 May 2018

Enjoyed the Asian Slaw and a couple of dishes from the specials menu. Good value dishes if budget for food (not drinks) is your main focus. Wouldn’t order the frites again as these are not freshly made, proper chips - this is understandable at 2.25 though! Not very garlicky aioli. The rest of the meal was more inspiring.
I wish they didn’t put you on high perches but I expect this is about getting as many people in as possible to maintain lower prices. I expect we could have had a lower seat if we’d asked.
If you want a reasonably priced meal with a few alternative flavours and good choices, this is probably it.
Staff pleasant. Would go again if we wanted a convenient, perfectly reasonable meal out.

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

Attended as part of a group of 11 on 11th May and had a thoroughly enjoyable time! The food is amazing, the team that looked after us on the night were brilliant - really lovely experience and would highly recommend!

Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

A fantastic evening. Great service from start to finish. Delicious food, every single dish - we had about 12 in total.
In true tapas style the dishes came out as and when they were ready. Perfect for us.
Will definitely eat here again, the server was a dream :)

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

Now I love tapas and have visited many tapas restaurants over the years and my friends and myself decided to try the frustrated chef after having heard good things - service was great the lady that served us was so friendly and attentive. Offering sound advice on courses and portion sizes so we could make a good decision, all of the food we had was so delicious and flavoursome and you got real value for money - would 100% recommend to everyone to go and definitely get the steak it’s SO good! Thanks for a lovely evening - I would definitely go here over a tapas restaurant in the city centre.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

I could gush about this place but I wont, you need to go and see/taste for yourself. I have been 3 times for lunch and it has been superb. The quality and variety of the dishes on offer is fantastic.
I have been meaning to review it for a while, I was on trip advisor and saw the last review titled "totally and utterly overrated" which has made me review now. Obviously I can not discount what that reviewer has written but am incredulous. I think if you look at the majority of reviews it says it all. Such a shame though as this restaurant is clearly run by someone with such a passion for food that reviews like that must be very hurtful.
I will add, I am actually married to a chef, have a very high quality of food at home so usually hard to impress when dining out but this place delights me every time I go.
Well done to all the team at The Frustrated Chef!