“Lovely food, not strong service”

Olney Pancake Parlour
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Olney
Price range: US$4 - US$10
Description: Pancake Parlour serving, breakfast, lunch, snacks, soup, sweet and savoury pancakes and selection of cakes and tray bakes. Wide selection of drinks including espresso coffee, teas and delicious milkshakes.
Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

The food here has, ‘hands down’ the tastiest pancakes I’ve ever eaten, I can’t fault it. The actual place is very fresh, clean and deceptively big inside. The staff are refreshingly friendly and smiley.
Only thing that lets it down is the amount of time it takes to get the food out. I’ve visited twice in the past month: first time took 20 minutes for the tea to come to us and nearly an hour for the food; second time they didn’t take our order properly and missed a meal, although they were quick to get it out once we told them.
Shame because the wait on food does put me off going but if they sorted that out, you couldn’t keep me away.

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

I'm a regular customer here, the standard of food and drinks is always good, staff are friendly. It's often busy (a good sign imho), it's a bustling, busy little coffee shop in the centre of town, love it!

Reviewed 10 September 2018

I ordered, paid and sat no more than 3 metres from the counter. Waitresses dashed past me on numerous occasions. They ignored me and evidently forgot my order. Twenty minutes plus later I asked for a refund which took another 10 minutes while they tried to figure out what had happened. They eventually did and were apologetic. They offered to serve me at no charge.
They had given me a loyalty card but I won't be needing that, you can be sure!

Additionally could I make a plea for quiet. Hard surfaces, hard floors with chairs being dragged make for a very poor ambience.

1  Thank Andy M
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

I love the Olney Pancake parlour and whenever I'm in the area, I make a thing of going there. Of all the restaurants/cafes in Olney, I find this one the best value for food and coffee but also friendly service and lovely environment. Even my fussy toddler loves it and he's particularly fussy with food. Would totally recommend to all and we will be visiting again soon.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

As a vegan I am often left out but not this time. It was a real treat to benefit from a Vegan pancake and I can assure you that the taste was not compromised.

The wait was a little too long and the gaps between food coming out a little too long as well (hence not an excellent rating) BUT it was because they were busy and the staff there dealt with it so professionally and well, offering us a complimentary drink. So you can’t complain too much as unless they reverse time there is not much more they could do.

The other people in the party had different pancakes. All delicious, all fresh, all eaten!

Considering the quality, quantity of filling and the fact they are a freshly made desert, I thought the prices were about right.

Date of visit: August 2018