All reviews the pub beer festival full english play area double room would definitely stay here again night stay comfy bed gorham kent landlady joe pubs
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

I stayed for just one night whilst on business in the area which was enough.The room was ok.Nothing special but clean and looked ok for me to get my head down for a few hours.Unfortunately after dining in the restaurant downstairs which was excellent i headed off to bed.This is where it all went wrong.There is a staff exit next to the rooms so staff were up and down the stairs all night,making as much noise as they could.They were smoking what seemed like outside my room as i had wafts of cigarettes smells in my room.Literally got about an hours sleep.It was a real shame as the staff in the restaurant were great and the food really good.No way i would stop here again but i'd eat in the pub again no problem.

Date of stay: July 2017
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

We dropped in straight on opening time. Ask for a table for 7 (5 adults 2 todlers) the waitress/barmaids was more than happy to quickly arrange a table to suit.
The pub is small and quaint a great British pub. We sat in a side room with a large table which was perfect for us with two toddlers. The waitress again was great set up the room and table as quickly as she could and made sure the children were happy.
Saw a good range of food. I had the white bait. A good sized portion, Perfectly cooked not greasy or burned the homemade tartar sauce was amazing! The cheesey nachos and the chill beef nachos were a great portion each with homemade salsa guacamole and sour cream (the guacamole was brilliant!)

We asked for the childrens food to be brought out with the starter. Lucky we did as the portion was huge! Children loved it. Proper chicken nuggets and homemade pizza lots of chips and peas. They loved it and spent ages tucking away at it.

I had the beef and chorizo pie. It was brilliant a proper short crust pie. Packed with beef and chorizo the taste was amazing and the pastry was perfectly cooked and was great to have pastry on the bottom of the pie for once and it wasn't soggy or Under cooked. Portion size again was plentiful lots of chips and veg. Would defiantly order it again. The fish and the scampi looked great also. No complaints from anyones food.

Unfortunately the weather was not great but the garden at the back is large and a great play area for children to run around.

Will defiantly be returning. Thank you :)

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank tylekt
Reviewed 5 July 2017

I was shown to my room #3, it was about six feet away from a rear fire exit and entrance,
to were people sat and smoked the cigarettes all night.
So as my window in my room was open due to it being rather hot that day,i got a constant waft of fag smoke blowing under my door and out my window.
The food was just about edible, the wifi and the phone signal is no existent.
The noise from my fag chuffing neighbours was abysmal.
I didn't bother to stay for breakfast as the evening meal was bad enough.
The worst thing about the stay was the fact that i cut my foot on the bathroom floor tiles, as all of the tiles in the bathroom were cracked and sticking up (see photos).
The wall tiles were covered in a fine white powder and there was a nice cobweb in the corner behind the toilet, so not sure when it was last cleaned.
PLEASE FIND SOMEWHERE ELSE TO STAY

Room tip: Find another hotel than this one, as there are some really good ones out there!
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Gene C
Reviewed 14 May 2017

Stayed here on our way to and from the UK. Its location in a small village can make you believe that your Tom Tom is playing up - It isn't. Large off road parking. We had our evening meal in the restaurant both nights - very good. less than 10minutes to the Dover Ferry Port. We had room 1, nice size and the on suite appears to have been rescently redecorated to a high standard.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

Went here with old friends who live locally whilst I was working in the area , very friendly pub , nice atmosphere, clean and well presented pub in a lovely little village , reasonable prices , worth a visit

Date of stay: May 2017