“Yummy home made cakes”

Benty Farm Tearooms
Description: Benty Farm Tearooms is a small farmstead in an isolated position on Thurstaston Common, with an unusual setting of the gently rolling landscape of the Wirral. Since opening on the 3rd December 2014, the tearoom has become a firm favourite with locals and regular customers. It is a magnet for morning coffee, ladies that lunch, friends, family, walkers, tourists and after-school treats. Here at Benty Farm Tearooms, we offer a wide range of locally sourced seasonal food & refreshments in a location that overlooks the farmhouse and an area of natural beauty. Everything is homemade and freshly prepared to order using as much quality local produce from around the Wirral as possible. We have a wide range of homemade cakes and freshly-baked fruit scones which are all made in-house by Charlotte. In August 2016, our 'Butternut Squash & Orange Cake' even won a Great Taste Award, an event organised by the Guild of Fine Food, a acknowledged benchmark for fine food and drink. Breakfast is served from 9:00am – 11:30pm daily. Our lunchtime menu is served from 11:30am until 4:00pm (11:30am - 2:00pm on Sundays). Cream Tea’s & Homemade Cake is served all day. Booking is required for Afternoon Tea, along with a £5.00 deposit per person.
Reviewed 10 February 2016

We have been here for a summer afternoon event with local beers, sausage baps and Jazz entertainment, a proper English Afternoon Tea using a gift voucher and we have called in with a group of walking friends for tea/coffee and a cake. We have enjoyed each occasion. The Tearoom is a little on the small side but there are plenty of picnic tables and benches outside which are very suitable for walking groups calling in. The cakes and scones are definitely home made and the scones are fresh each day. There is a good variety of refreshments. The staff manage to serve walking groups very quickly considering there might be over 20 people in a group. The only disadvantage is you can't drive up to the Tearoom. It is accessible by parking in a nearby road and walking along paths. It feels like a real old fashioned teashop.

Reviewed 8 February 2016 via mobile

Located in a lovely part of the Wirral with probably the nicest surroundings for a tea room you could ask for! This little gem is perfect after Sunday stroll with the whole family or a quick bite with a friend. Such a homely cafe you feel like your in someone's cosy living room. All the cakes are hand Made and each unique to the tea rooms, so much so you just have to take some home for a second helping. Couldn't recommend this place enough really suggest you make a visit.

Reviewed 8 February 2016

A little oasis on Thurstaston common. Family-run tea room with fantastic home made treats and great selection of drinks. Perfect spot for dog walkers, ramblers or cake lovers. The staff are so friendly and welcoming, and the location is idyllic. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed 8 February 2016 via mobile

Dear ALL, I can not express enough how much of a retreat Benty Farm Tearooms are. What more could you want then to be there with your best friend (the dog) whilst tasting the exotic selection of homemade tea and cakes! I ensure my walking route is via the tea rooms, all the ladies working there are so warm and welcome they make me feel at home. I should be the size of a small house being a 'regular' but they sure do know how to make a healthy option - courgette and lime cake and of course 1 million of my five a day in a bowl of hearty homemade soup!
I would love to share my experience of what I have every week. You will NOT be disappointed!

2  Thank Clare D
Reviewed 7 January 2016 via mobile

WOW WOW WOW BACANNNN (and no am not Jamican) hehe.

Second visit now to this little hidden gem and what a cracker it is. Theres a no dress policy so I wore a cream shirt, cream trousers (pressed by johnsons in Heswall) and pair of Clarks which rubbed.

The bacon if fab, as it the fresh bread and coffee. I dined solo on this occasion and read my paper. Its a mixed bunch of youths, oldies, families, dogs, not cats and hipsters wearing snap cap hats as they call them.

Highly recommend this place and the staff who make you feel at home. A young lady commented on my shoes which we shared a joke over... I then ordered the bill, paid and left a happy man.

Until next time guys, keep the bacon cooking and the coffee steaming.....

1  Thank Daniel H