“First visit, will be repeated!!”
Review of Cottage Loaf

Cottage Loaf
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

This was our first visit to this venue. We decided to try this place due to some good reports we heard.
From the outside this venue looks very inviting and welcoming. On entering we were approached almost immediately by a waitress who showed us to a table. Soon after she returned to take our drinks order, which was filled quickly. At this time our food order was taken. We all selected the Soup of the day; Asparagus and Broccoli, this arrived quickly and was piping hot. The portion size was generous and although the soup was somewhat peppery the flavour was full and satisfying.
We each had a different main course:
one was Sea Bass with risotto; a very generous portion which tasted as good as it appeared.
Another was Hunters Chicken with salted fries and tomato; the chicken was apparently a little dry although it was full of flavour and enjoyed.
The third meal was Beef and Ale Pie, mashed potato and seasonal vegetables; this was thoroughly enjoyed as every element of the meal was cooked to perfection and full of flavour.
Finally I enjoyed the Ultimate Fish & Chips! This consisted of a lightly battered fillet of plaice accompanied by fish batons; prawns & a scallop, all covered in a light, crispy batter all rounded off with delicious chips!
We were too fulfilled to be tempted to a dessert on this occasion. However, our next visit may see us just enjoying a main course followed by a sweet!

2  Thank Mal2911
Alistair P, General Manager at Cottage Loaf, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Thanks very much for the comprehensive feedback, I am really happy that you all enjoyed the food you ordered, sorry the chicken was a little dry I will mention it to our head chef and hopefully we will see you again at some point in the near future

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Not going to go into my experience here but I'm giving an overall review the service is disgraceful! Don't attend here if you have children you might find this place very unwelcoming, shame because its situation itself is lovely but such shame think this place needs a revamp of new welcoming staff and people who won't make your experience uncomfortable. The food I can't fault was at a reasonable standard for pub food but the overall atmosphere in the pub... half full.. unwelcoming to children.. tables dirty and plates everywhere the staff love a gossip in this place!!
Give it a miss

3  Thank JenMcgowan
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Went here tonight Tuesday the 18th.
Food was spot on I had beef and ale pie gorgeous, parnter had risotto seabass prawn and scollop, all the fish was very nice but the risotto lacked in flavour. HOWEVER had are main course all 5 of us finished waited 25min for are plates to be cleaned the so called waiter kept bringing food out to other tables and went back in sick empty handed, are glasses was there bear in mind at this point we all had alist 3 drinks each. So went inside to order ate dessert 5 minutes later the dessert come out but are main course plates was still on the table..... the waitress in the adidas trainers what a joke she is.! As I went to the toilet she was to busy talkin to the women behind the bar and drinking her drink leaning on the side rather then cleanin the 10table outside which was packed with dirty plates n empty glasses.! Shame on you, won't be back anytime soon as the service was terrible..

2  Thank craigbH1145EL
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

We visited this pub yesterday for lunch. I had a vegetarian meal, halloumi with vegetables, whilst the meal tasted okay; the portion size was so small it would have left a child hungry. My husband had a burger which he said was fine. We complained to the staff who went off to tell the chef. On his return he said the chef said 'oh sorry I should have given you a bigger portion' and that was it. I only usually leave a review if a place is really good or bad but I thought this was awful treatment to customers. They charged me £10.95 for that meal as well! Don't bother coming here!

1  Thank amyclaire356
Alistair P, General Manager at Cottage Loaf, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with the size of the portion you received, please give me a ring and I will discuss this further with you. 0151 648 2837

Reviewed 9 July 2017

They have a section of the bar area where you can take your dog with you. I wish more places would do this. It's been too hot to leave dogs in cars at the moment.
Pub food. Promptly served, hot and tasty.

Date of visit: July 2017

Thanks for the review, glad that you enjoyed yourselves and that your dog wasn't too hot