Destinia.com
StayForLong
All reviews his son the pub the owner pj breakfast ireland house
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

My sister and I spent two nights here during our Burren Way walking tour. PJ was gracious and kind. He drove us to our entry points both days. The breakfasts were great, full Irish breakfasts. The local pub is an easy walk and there is a small convenience store close by as well.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

I am SO glad I found this on Trip Advisor! My mother and I stayed here on our last night in Ireland and were filled with regret that we did not have more time to spend in this area.

Ask for an ocean view room (we were on the first floor but apparently the second floor is even better) - what a place to watch the sunset. The owner, PJ is so kind and very helpful with suggestions about the area.

If we were to do it over again, we would have stayed at least two nights and made time for a walk in the Burren - PJ offered to drop us at a good spot and pick us up after several hours’ walk and were disappointed not to be able to take him up on it.

This is not a glamorous spot but totally suited our needs, and felt like we were staying in someone’s home, not a tourist machine. We had a great meal at the pub just next door.

Breakfast is included with the stay. We paid 80€ total for one room with a queen bed, but if you stay multiple nights the price goes down.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank amkycanada
Reviewed 19 June 2018

We stayed with PJ at his beautiful lodge that was perfect after a day's walkabout. My wife and I both consider PJ and his mom to be Super Hosts. PJ did all that was expected in our Burren Way Walking Tour, and he was most helpful to us. His lodge is in beautiful Fanore right next door to a great pub after a long day's walking of the Black Head Loop.

Room tip: Lodge and room was super quiet for resting accompanied with superb breakfast.
Date of stay: May 2018
2  Thank jfalderete
Reviewed 26 September 2017

We arrived very late (this B&B doesn't show up in the GPS from Dan Dooley car rental establishment). The owner was very friendly, and the breakfast the next morning was very good! The room was roomy, but very basic. The shower was adequate, but you can't control the radiator and it was a bit chilly. The view was spectacular -- if you get an ocean view. The area was breathtaking.

Room tip: Choose ocean view!
Date of stay: September 2017
Reviewed 28 August 2017

Staying here was everything that my wife and I had hoped for, and more. Fanore is an adorable town, and the hospitality, kindness, and service that PJ and his wife provide at Seacoast make your stay there even better. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and charming. The views are amazing. The breakfast is excellent. The bathrooms have showers, toiletries, and plenty of hot water and water pressure. If you are looking for big city amenities then this is not the place. But if you want to experience a small town on the coast of Ireland, or just need a clean, comfy, and friendly place to stay on your way through, then Seacoast lodge is perfect.
My wife and I stayed here as we toured Ireland and Scotland. We decided to stay here and spend the evening in Fanore, and are so glad we did. PJ was so friendly and welcoming. Honestly, our night at Seacoast and in Fanore was our favorite of our 2 week trip.
I could not say enough good things about PJ and Seacoast lodge. I would recommend it to anyone that asks.

Date of stay: August 2017