Rockyview Farmhouse
All reviewsbreakfast roomlocal pubdelicious breakfastbeautiful gardenperfect hostsstayed longercomfortable roomsstayed for nightsmade us feelfriendly ownersday tripa wonderful stayspectacular viewsb bsfull irish breakfastenjoyed our stayfanore beach
Reviewed 3 May 2017

We had a quick one night stay here which was not nearly long enough. I wish I could have experienced many more breakfasts while watching the cows and sheep graze outside the beautiful garden. The landscape of the Burren was also very beautiful. And we loved the dinner we had in nearby Ballyvaughn.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cass4587
Reviewed 19 September 2016

Super hospitality and nothing was too much trouble for my hosts during my two night stay at Rockyview. My bed was extremely comfortable and the breakfast delicious. Wifi that worked well was appreciated too on my work trip to the area. I'd certainly be very happy to return for a leisure break one day.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Daisy-Mole
Reviewed 19 August 2016

During my holiday in Ireland I've visited places of great beauty. None however with the absolutely spectacular breakfast room that the Rockyview Farmhouse provides. There are other places that have conservatory breakfast rooms, but the light that hit this room during our (unfortunately single) breakfast is breathtaking. I just sat there for 10 minutes without eating (a rare feat), taking in the scenery. It's like the library scene from Citizen Kane, where you just take in the light and forget about everything else. When I came to my senses, eventually, the breakfast itself proved excellent as well. We stayed in a large, comfortable room and this B&B has a very gracious host. After breakfast, Neal sat down with me to consider the best possible walk for that day. Such a shame that he was fully booked the next day, or we'd have stayed at Rockyview Farmhouse. What a brilliant place!

Room Tip: The most important room is where you'll have breakfast :-)
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Hans S
Reviewed 16 August 2016 via mobile

The hosts were adorable, the whole place is just amazing. When we arrived, they made us some tea with different cakes. They have a huge choice of menus for breakfast and we can definitely say that everything tasted like heaven !
Amazing stay, definitely recommend it !

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank NayNaw
Reviewed 29 July 2016

This rural accomodation has unique charm and restful athmosphere. There's art on the walls, shelves of great books to read, a beautiful breakfast / sun room looking out over the Burren landscape, a great local beach, and some of the best Burren walking trails right on the doorstep. Some of the best scenery in all of Ireland is here. The rocky burren hills, the sea and views across Galway Bay. The owners, Noel and Ita Walsh have a great wildflower garden and vegetable plot, and a great welcome for all guests. The breakfast is top class. If you have any leaning towards art, photography, the great outdoors, growing flowers / vegetables, or hill walking etc. there is no better place to stay. Also there is a noted calm and peaceful ambience here. Staying at Rocky View will leave you inspired and refreshed. Our party stayed three nights. We took the ferry day trip to the smaller of the Aran Islands, Inis Oir, on one of the days of our stay, from nearby Doolin Pier, which was a very enjoyable day trip. Noel very helpfully rang the ferry provider in advance and arranged a discount on the ferry price for us. Thanks Noel, for sharing your gardening knowledge, and giving us a tour of your great garden. We enjoyed eating the lovely grapes you gave us from your polytunnel. We had a very enjoyable stay. Rockyview is located a short walking distance from the charming local pub, O'Donoghues (great fish and chips dinner, and pint of guinness) and the local shop, and local restaurant, Vascos.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family