All reviews hot tub howler monkeys our honeymoon short walk forest sounds provide fans jaguar rescue center puerto viejo rented bikes curtains aurora screen insects lodge wildlife nature caribbean
Reviewed 8 March 2017

It seems the hotel was great before. I am under the impression that it has been abandoned due to the big size it has. The attention from personnel at the lobby who greeted us, was great. Although the rest of personnel looked without motivation. The hotel facilities are not perfect, they had to cover the bungalows with a green canvas and that totally lost their natural touch. Inside the rooms, the bathrooms are uncomfortable, as it is kind of a cabin that moves too much and it feels insecure. The bathroom faucets had rust as well as the safe, not enough towels, bed matress in bad condition, below the boungalows you could see old pipes and electrical cables. My reservation included breakfast and didn´t meet my expectations, it wasn´t good. You can get to the beach walking inside hotel grounds, but they recommend not to enter sea right in front of hotel, but at the sides, as at the center there are dangerous currents. The only thing I did like was that at night I could hear the hauling monkeys. I beleive the rates are expensive for hotel quality.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank EMILE D
Reviewed 16 February 2017

We arrived just after dusk and we were met by Aurora and Ariana who lead us to our room. They noticed immediately that I was having trouble walking and changed our room to one that had a ramp. The Caribbean and the Almonds and Corals Lodge is cool 24/7, comfortably cool! We even used a light blanket at bedtime. No need for air-conditioning.

Breakfast was excellent and our dinners were superb! Our food servers, Christopher and Yolanda treated us like royalty. The chef blended amazing fruits and vegetables with shrimp, pork or chicken entrees.

Marco and Aurora, the proprietors, cater to your every need. They make sure the rooms are clean and intact! We were pleasantly surprised that there were no bothersome insects. The beach is pristine and you have it all to yourself.

Best Valentines experience in the Jungle!

Don Juan and Carole

Room tip: They are all good
Date of stay: February 2017
1  Thank artsanmiguel
Reviewed 12 November 2016

Upon our arrival, I was a little shocked to see that Almonds and Corals' rooms were individual cabins without walls - screens and curtains. After the initial shock wore off, I was pleasantly surprised how well I adapted to being surrounded by jungle. We awoke to howler monkeys. The owner of the property, whose name escapes me, was gracious and so inviting. He made our stay delightful. We highly recommend this hotel for those looking for a unique experience.

Date of stay: October 2016
Reviewed 26 October 2016

I loved it! In a tent surrounded by the forest, yet on a wooden platform away from most critters and with running water, shower, tub, and toilet! Now don't expect pure luxury and you will enjoy it and the surrounding forest and beautiful beach just a short walk down the boardwalk. The food was mostly good and the bartender makes the best Mojito I've had anywhere! It is close to the Ara Project for the endangered Great Green Macaw and a good local guide named Abel Busamante is available for birding or other nature hikes in the area. But I do think it was overpriced for semi-roughing it!

Room tip: If hotel not full, ask for a tent with no one on either side of you for quietness and privacy. The tents are fairly close.
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Charlie D
Reviewed 17 September 2016

It seems that the owner is focused only on doing money and do not invest a dollar in maintenance.
Very dissapointed with what the hotel offer you on the internet, you see very nice pictures but when you arrive everything is old in room.
The toilet was not working and the room had an issue with the lights and the message that we received from the owner was that we will receive a couple of drinks for the inconvenience, that was very offensive.
You pay to have your privacy and you expect to use the toilet without any issue, but that was not our case.
Prices are very hight for what they offer you, if you pay $40 per night ...that's fine, not for $120 per night.

Date of stay: September 2016