“Very good”

Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 September 2016

We were very happy about the service, the food was very good and it wasn't expensive for the quantity we got, I can only recommend this restaurant :)

1  Thank Sunniii

Reviewed 30 May 2016

with our family from Germany (4 persons) we visited Sluis and wanted to have a light lunch in "De Corner": 1 soup, 1 saled and a shared portion of mussels.
My husband got the soup, we nothing. The arrive a large grouip of men (15?) who got their food in less than half an hour. After 1 hour, we 3 still got nothing.
When I asked if they forgot about us, I got the reply "don't panic, you food will arrive" and a very unfriendly face... After another 15 minuted we gave up, I asked fotr the bill for the drinks and the soup, and we left!
Nextdoor, we had a great sandwich, ready in 10 minutes!
Did these waitreses like those men more than the older couples, or was our order a bit small??? I don't know, but they will not see me in "De Corner" anymore...

1  Thank Bennaken
Reviewed 13 July 2015

In a town FULL of restaurants there is plenty to choose from. I came here as it had a free table outside on the front row and it was a beautiful evening. The menu was only in Dutch but not really a problem as the excellent attentive staff spoke perfect English. I had the mussels, frites and two small beers. With a tip the total was 24 euros and I couldn't eat it all. I'm sure lots of restaurants in the town are just as good but this one was lovely. I'd certainly visit again.

2  Thank aps550
Reviewed 6 March 2015 via mobile

Cycled from Bruges and stopped here for lunch...a great find! Other half had great value set menu comprising soup, steak with mushroom or pepper, salad and frites followed by coffee for €18.50. Raved about the steak! I had a deliciously huge portion of Moules in White wine and cream sauce, washed down by Grimbergen blind beer and Kriek cherry beer...well worth the ride out to Sluis!!

1  Thank raquelquefois
Reviewed 18 October 2013

The restaurant was packed out and we were lucky to get one of the last available tables. The service was excellent, friendly and very efficient. We didn't have to hang about for long. Mussels were very popular but we opted for steak which was cooked to perfection and served with ample chips and salad. The home made tomato soup was delicious too. We can certainly recommend this restaurant for a good value lunch.

1  Thank Annelies B