Lancaster House(Lancaster)
US$88
TripAdvisor
US$89
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$101/night.

US$125
PremierInn.com
US$118
US$115
US$120
US$102
All reviewsleisure centrethe main houseduck pondbedroom apartmentself cateringgrounds are lovelyper dayroaring firefull kitchenwell equipped kitchenbar and restaurantsofa bedrelaxing breakpool and gymliving areafriendly duckstime share
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

We booked an overnight stay in one of the private apartments. It was lovely, clean and modern. Lots of facilities including a spa, gym/swimming pool and restaurant. The grounds here are just superb! Friendly staff too. Hope to visit again soon.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

Im not going to say which room I stayed in so no one else requests it, I added some images though.

The staff are young and enthusiastic and genuinely enjoy working at the site. Unusually they do not
serve breakfast during the week because the rooms are self catering. They serve food in the evening which is expertly prepared by their charismatic chef who really loves making food and takes pride in its presentation.

The rooms are incredibly reasonably priced for such a beautiful location and the history of the property built around 1040 adds to the experience. The duck pond and natural grassed areas to the rear make a change from manicured lawns, the bulls munching on the grass in the fields.

The bar and reception staff really try their best to make your stay a memorable one. I intend to return on my travels as I am close to an office I visit regularly.

Well done!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 May 2018

Have just returned from another excellent stay at Thurnham hall!
We asked for a ground floor 2 bed apartment as we had an 88 yr old with us.
Unfortunately our request was missed and the accommodation although beautiful (as usual) was not suitable.
However Emma on reception could not have been more helpful
She arranged a lovely ground floor apartment from the following night and had all of our luggage moved over while we were out for the day!
We returned to find a wonderful apartment waiting for us with complimentary wine and chocolates!
I think this is our 5th visit to Thurnham hall and I know we will keep coming back!
Lynn

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank footsieLiverpool
Reviewed 9 May 2018

I'll start off with the positives. First of all the location is great and your surrounded by nature at all sides. We woke up to ducks feeding outside our apartment, bird song, squirrels, really peaceful and the hall itself has lot's of character. My partner asked a staff member about feeding the ducks and he brought back a free bag of seeds for us. A lovely touch. The apartment was also great, comfortable and had everything you need. Dinner was ok, not much atmosphere but they had laid on entertainment which is plus.

The negatives are the hidden fees, the receptionist didn't tell me about paying £5.95 for the internet per day or £15.00 per apartment for using the pool, gym and jacuzzi. The pool is not amazing and to pay this amount on top of booking just confuses me. Plus the Jacuzzi was out of order so we didn't bother. When I mentioned the added costs the receptionist kept on mentioning it's all covered in your welcome information.

Its not so much the cost but I want to be informed from outset that I have to pay for extras. Incidentally if you are diamond club member this is free. Which creates an us and them attitude.

Finally they also ask for a £100.00 deposit which is apparently refunded the day you leave (according to the receptionist) which still hasn't been credited to my partners account. She rang hotel today and they've now said it can take a few days depending on bank not instantly like we were first told.

So all in all would I stay again? Probably not, which is shame because location is beautiful and apartments are great but a few niggles have put me off.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DrewClayton
Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

I love this place its so beautiful and awesome views. The staff are always happy to help. The only downside is the location its pretty far from shop's and other thing's. But there is a pub just down the road that has fantastic food

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple