“Caught on an off day?”

Cafe d' Lune
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Called in here over the Easter weekend part way through a long walk with my wife.
Menu looked to have just what we wanted. We took our places inside, made our choices and then I ordered at the counter. We wanted a pannini, a baked potato, two cakes and tea for two. I was told that there would be a wait for food. It was apparent that the girl on the till was inexperienced and the staff seemed disorganised. The cafe was moderately busy, but staff walked past our table four times before the previous occupants' dirty dishes were removed.
The tea and cakes came fairly quickly, but we had to have a dirty cup and cutlery replaced. Staff came from behind the counter and struggled to identify which meal was for which table. The food when it came was quite tasty, although the cakes were a little dry.
This place could be so much better with some attention to detail.

2  Thank Petalancaster

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Stopped for a quick lunch after a walk from Lancaster to Conder Green. I ate a Jacket Potato and my friend had Courgette and Tomato soup. The jacket potato was simple and the soup was fresh and home made; it was advertised with a bread roll but came with a pre sliced white bap which was a shame - some crusty bread would have been a nicer touch. It was £12 for two meals and two diet cokes so can’t really complain at that price.

Lovely views and friendly staff which was great.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Card machine wasn’t working so on a £15 budget.
My daughter’s beans were cold and so was my chicken tikka toastie.
I then scraped together £1.75 so my daughter could have a cake and was told the cheapest was £1.80 and even despite the fact I couldn’t pay by card they would waive the 5 pence.
Won’t be returning!

Reviewed 30 January 2018

Building work taking place to extend cafe and move kitchen, so no view! It closed on 29 January & will re-open in February. We popped in for a drink, tried the coffee cake which unfortunately had no coffee flavour but was moist.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Called for a light snack mid afternoon.Place was not overly full but was served promptly and attentively.The eating area inside was spotless and the toilets immaculate.There is an outside area for drinking/eating and it appeared that there were building works under way to provide some form of shelter.The down side is that if the very few parking spots close by are taken you have to use the County Council's Pay & Display car park.Overall though definitely worth visiting again.