“Wonderful gelato”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 July 2017

We went to visit my son in Lancaster and decided to run out to Wallings. It was a nice surprise, it is not just an ice cream parlour but an ice cream restaurant.
It was lunch time so we decided to have an ice cream lunch, although I did peruse the menu and everything looked yummy.
We decided to have tubs of gelato, My husband and I both had the white chocolate and raspberry and my son the ferrero rocher one. None of us found fault with it. We then all had coffee, when my husbands arrived, it had a floater but the waiter immediately noticed it and returned with a fresh one for him. We are staying nearby in 2 weeks time so yes we will be back. I enjoyed the dainty flower chocolates my husband treated me to as well. Home made cakes and chocolates can be taken away and I lost count of how many different flavours of ice cream you can buy to eat in or take away.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Some friends took me out for a drive and took me to this fabulous wonderland of ice cream. There are so many different flavours to choose from it is hard to make a decision. However
I plumped for lemon meringue in a waffle cone and I wasn't disappointed. It was deliciously scrumptious. We joked we would have to come every day to Wallings until we had tasted every flavour - this would take forever but it would be a good challenge to take!!
Well done to all the staff who work very hard and keep all the customers happy. The customers incidentally all had smiles on their faces!
There is also a restaurant here which we would like to try. The menu looked interesting and if the ice cream is anything to go by would be very tasty.
All in all a good day out at a "truly scrumptios2 venue.

Reviewed 9 July 2017

Visited twice whilst on holiday in Cockerham. Once after a day out, got lovely ice creams. Were so impressed we went back and ate in the cafe a couple of days later, had pancakes and waffles with various scoops of ice cream - delicious.

Reviewed 9 July 2017

If you like ice cream, you'll love this place ! The cafe is at the front of a converted barn and an ice cream parlour at the back. Seating inside and out. Nice countryside views. It was the parlour we visited. There is always a queue and I'm not surprised. The staff work fast, so you don't have to wait long, although it gives you time to peruse all the many flavours. Loads to choose from, and you can have different ones on your cone. So greedy guts here ordered a double - Triple chocolate and Irish cream, thinking I would get one scoop of each. Not so...one portion is THREE scoops. So I received SIX scoops of ice cream on a waffle cone that resembled the torch the Olympic flame was carried about the country in ! My husband also had a double, pistachio and stem ginger. We were amazed at the size of them. Absolutely delicious.We said we wouldn't be able to finish it all - but we managed ! Don't go if you are on a diet !

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

....is unbelievable! I've just seen folk coming out of this place with truly obscene sized ice creams, thinking to myself 'why is everyone buying these huge 3 scoop ice creams?'
I found out 5 mins later when all four of us came away with 'single scoop' cones containing enough ice cream to feed a small village. How the hell anyone manages the larger portions is beyond me. No matter, fabulous ice cream and amazing VFM. The kids loved it.