All reviews garden pavilion delicious breakfast swimming pool local area welcoming hosts family and friends no hesitation in recommending places to visit his wife short drive the main house home from home couldn't do enough stayed nights made us feel warm welcome liz
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Lovely B&B, we stayed in the Garden Pavilion with our two young children and were very comfortable. Richard and Liz were fabulous hosts and couldn't do enough for us. The children were thrilled with the lovely garden and woodlands and the borrowed bikes! Great, home cooked breakfast. Highly recommended!

Date of stay: May 2014
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Richard and Liz are welcoming and gracious hosts. Their lovely home is situated on a quiet country lane close to the village of Hawkhurst.

Richard and Liz were very helpful in making suggestions of places to visit and tips once we got got to our destination. They had booklets and guides for us to borrow. The dinner venue suggestions at the local pubs were appreciated.

The room we were given was well set out and comfortable. The breakfast provided was delicious.

We have no hesitation in recommending this B&B. We would love to return one day.

Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank HelenGisborne
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Very welcoming couple and excellent facilities. Would definitely visit here again. I cannot comment on the breakfast as we had to miss out (by prior agreement). The only disappointment was that my daughter was sad she couldn't take Roxy, the dog, home with her :-).

Date of stay: November 2013
1  Thank Strictlyd
Reviewed 30 August 2013

My friends and I went to the Well cottage on August 28th, we had a lovely stay. We only stayed for one night and I wish we could have stayed longer. Richard and Liz are very kind and welcoming people. Their house is just beautiful and full of charm, so don't expect any designer, modern type of decor as you're in the countryside and they have respected the place where they live.
The rooms are nice and clean. I can't tell you anything about the swimming-pool because we didn't use it but it's a normal, decent sized swimming-pool. The garden is beautiful and quiet.
I was just a touch worried as I'm not keen on dogs but Roxy is so friendly (and doesn't bark) that I didn't have any problem.
The bathroom were not ensuite for us (I only mention that because it seems to matter a lot for some), but it didn't matter as nobody else was staying in the house rooms.
Richard gave us great addresses to go and have dinner. We definitely had a lovely stay in a charming place!

Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 July 2013

A beautiful cottage in the Garden of England with a beautiful garden and wonderful hosts. The only reason this is not a 5 star rating is that we had to share a bathroom and I don't really appreciate padding down the corridor to a shared toilet and bathroom. There are en suite rooms and if we had one of those it would have been perfect.

Room tip: get the en suite
Date of stay: June 2013