2,167 results
All reviews private pool villa orange county plantain leaf bird watching nature walk reading room pepper corn coffee plantation cultural show coracle ride cold coffee heaven on earth housekeeping team our honeymoon lilly pool candle light dinner vegetarian restaurant
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

I'm a regular guest at orange county. I have been to both the Coorg and Kabini properties of the resort. The resort boasts of a lush green coffee estate with spacious villas. Whether it's a HPV or LPV or LPC all rooms have a private pool and a luxurious interior design. The rooms have a ancient malnad-coorgi style of architecture.
The resort is best for it's dining options. From peppercorn to plantain leaf, the food here is best in southern India, I can vouch for it!! I'm not exaggerating, this is a foodie's paradise.

The Kaveri river flows very close to the resort, however the Riverside has been offlate occupied by immigrants.

But the resort is the best place to indulge in luxury.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank SiddharthaS240
Reviewed 15 October 2017

Although we have been to this resort several times, this was our first stay in one of the Lily Pool Villas.These villas offer superb accommodation with two bedrooms, a spacious living room, and two bathrooms serving our family of two adults and two children very well. The living room opens out to a lily pool as well as a swimming pool with a jacuzzi. Although it was raining on and off during our stay, we did manage to spend some fun time in the pool. The highlight of our visit was the bird-watching activity inside the resort which my kids really enjoyed. We saw upwards of 25 bird species with good commentary from the in-house naturalist. We tried all three restaurants in the resort, and the food was superb as always.

Overall the resort is pricey, but offers a very relaxing stay in nature, and provides excellent service.

Room Tip: Book rooms with a view of the lake
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

We visited Evolve Back (earlier called Orange County Coorg) as a couple, as our 14 year old son was on a school trip on these same days. While booking, we were trying to decide between Evolve Back and Tamara, and even though Evolve Back was more expensive, we chose it, solely on the consideration that each cottage / villa had its own private pool. And, we were so happy that we made this choice!

The resort is laid out in a 300 acre operational coffee and pepper plantation. The resort itself occupied 35 acres, and was wonderfully green, with pristine air and peace! For us city dwellers, being able to hear and see so many birds throughout the day and night was an experience in itself. The resort had 3 main restaurants, and 2 common pools, apart from your own private pool.

We had booked a Lily Pool Cottage, and were given an option to upgrade to a Villa on check-in, which we took. The main differences between the two being a much larger living space, bigger temperature controlled pool with a jacuzzi and outdoor Gazebo. The Villa itself was lovely! The outdoor sit outs were well designed, and we ended up using all facilities extensively. The bathroom had dual basins and dual showers as well! A first! And it was huge, with its own private green space.

But, what set Evolve Back apart from any other resort we had visited till date, was the service and hospitality and the smiling faces of EACH & EVERY staff member we came across - and there are 300 of them! Through out our stay we never heard the word no, or even an inkling that something might not be possible. From the time we arrived at the reception, from the welcome drink (and I ended up having 3 of those), to the chief Chef of all their restaurants personally visiting us at each and every meal with queries about how they could make our experience better, or the housekeeping staff cleaning the Villa twice a day and making the experience even more special with small gestures like providing us their special in-house organic body scrub for free and special decorations in the room on the last day, each staff member we came across tried to do whatever in their power to make our stay even more special. The food at the restaurants was excellent all around, with menus changing everyday, giving very good variety.

Being an eco-tourism themed resort, all activities revolved around nature - from their Eco Walk, Nature walk, and much more. The Naturalists who accompanied us were well informed and very enthusiastic about the various efforts being undertaken by the resort to leave a minimalistic footprint on nature.

All in all, it was an experience that we will remember for a very long time to come!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rahulsift98
OrangeCountyResorts, General Manager at Evolve Back, Coorg, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2017

Dear Mr. Rahul,

I am glad that you had a memorable stay at Evolve Back, Coorg and would like to thank you for your wonderful review. I am extremely happy to note that you enjoyed our service and hospitality and I have since conveyed your appreciation to my team.

It was indeed a pleasure to have you with us and I look forward to your return.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 12 October 2017

The setting is absolutely wonderful for a family or a couple getaway. The staff are well trained and exceptionally helpful and courteous. Great choice of cuisines and plenty of nature to enjoy in a five-star setting.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SB7102
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

I tried to book suite for family.the front office staff sent a quote.later after enquiring we're talking about half bookings -a new terminology and bookings held by co-staff.thoroughly unprofessional .They were promising exotic experience for a fancy price .The staff was overselling property in hampi.it was ridiculous.will never attempt to stay in this resort.had to change plans and booked in Tamara resorts.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank ramu830
OrangeCountyResorts, General Manager at Evolve Back, Coorg, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Evolve Back Resorts!

Thank you for taking time out to review our property. We take guest feedback extremely seriously and consider it essential to improving the Evolve Back experience.
I regret to note that you felt that we were deliberately trying to sell you a holiday at our Hampi property. Allow me to assure you that it is against our policy to hard-shell any our properties, in fact we go out of our way not to upsell any of our products to our guests. We firmly believe that our guests should not be rushed. In fact, it is one of the most important aspects of our brand.

I am, therefore, extremely aggrieved by your feedback as your experience is not in keeping with the standards we have set for the Evolve Back experience. However, from your feedback and due to the fact that you chose not to stay with us, I was unable to glean enough information to be able to fix responsibility. I tried reaching out to you via a Private Message through TripAdvisor, which you chose not to respond to, in an attempt to obtain more precise information.

However, I would like to assure you that I have relooked at our protocols and have made the requisite changes that would ensure that such lapses do not occur in the future. I have also initiated remedial measures, from a training and re-training point of view, to ensure the same.

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and look forward to an opportunity to create a memorable holiday experience for you, one that is in keeping with the standards that we have set for ourselves.

Assuring you of our best attention and services at all times.

Warm Regards,