2,247 results
All reviews private pool villa orange county plantain leaf bird watching nature walk reading room pepper corn coffee plantation cultural show coracle ride housekeeping team cold coffee heaven on earth our honeymoon lilly pool candle light dinner vegetarian restaurant
Reviewed 7 November 2012

I don't have enough words to praise the staff. Indian hospitality at its ever best. The staff are very very courteous and caring. Wishing you at every glance and always ready to give you a helping hand. The property is extremely clean and well planned. One of the few resorts where you have so 3 restaurants as dining options with a variety of cuisines and excellent food. Most of the resorts you tend to get bored with the food but not here, they seldom repeat dishes and in our 2 day stay we enjoyed the varieties of food. The room was excellently spacious and well equipped. All amenities and requirements are taken care of. The spa treatment was one of the best in the world. I have first time experienced synchronized massage from two well trained masseuist. A very unique and different ayurvedic treatment.

Room Tip: Lilly pool villa and don't forget the spa treatment.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank vgupta1982
Reviewed 30 October 2012

We have been visiting Orange County, Coorg from the time it opened in1994 regularly and seen it grow from just 5 villas to more than 100 villas today. We are truly amazed and overwhelmed each and every time we visit it. Constant improvement, upgradations in all aspects of the resort leave us speechless. We are deeply touched by the overwhelming warmth of all the support staff right from the sweepers to the top.
Located in a large cofee estate, the natural beauty and the standard of the villas and the fine dining keeps us coming back every year.
HATS OFF to each and every member of the staff at ORANGE COUNTY both at the resort and the head quarters in Bangalore.

Room Tip: The pool villas are a must try.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 861PRAKASH
Reviewed 30 October 2012

Orange County Coorg has been on my list from sometime. Finally made the trip with my wife and child around Dusshera. The resort is of 35 acres within a 300 acres coffee plantation. We got a warm welcome at the reception. The staff is very courteous and ever smiling. This is an all inclusive resort so even though pricey, once inside you dont have to spend on anything. We stayed in a county cottage which i would rate as 9 out of 10. Food was simply the best. All the 3 restaurants have different themes and a wide range of cuisine to select from. They also have 2 infinity pools with wonderful nature in the background. There are different activities from early morning till evening. The day starts with bird watching and ends with cultural show. Inbetween there is village visit, nature walk, workers trail, plantation visit, kids activities etc. Though i think they should have some more activities or catetakers for kids as they are not allowed to some activities.

Definitely go for
1) Location
2) Climate
3) Food
4) Relaxation
5) Wonderful Service
6) And a memorable experience.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Yagneshchandan
Reviewed 29 October 2012

An amazingly beautiful resort, with some of the friendliest, warmest, most sincere staff ever. A little stiff on the price, I thought initially, but worth every penny.
The only downside is the arduous drive to the place. Otherwise the location is perfect. Extremely peaceful.

Room Tip: We had a private pool villa. Very highly recommended
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank shenoyn
Reviewed 28 October 2012

I wonder which the right word is for “Orange County Coorg”. Coorg is also known as “Kodagu”, a district in Karnataka State, India. This place is also known as the “Scotland of India” because of lush green forests, misty hills and some breathtaking views of other areas. You can also see the endless tea and coffee plantation in coorg. I felt very pleasant climate in coorg.

Nearest railway station is Mysore, about 100 kms away. Journey by road from Bengaluru Airport is around 7 hours. You can also travel to Coorg from Mangalore but the roads are not good!

A Really wonderful place I have never seen before. Iam very happy and love to go to this resort again and again.

All the activities were excellent & extremely informative.

Dubare forest – We had a one day nature walk in this forest which is on the bank of river Kaveri.

After getting so many valuable information in our nature and organic garden walk during our stay, we came across Anthurium garden and Voila, Bird in the Paradise!! I got a chance to do some fishing in the nearby lake and picked up lemon grass oil and raw mango and lemon pickle from the Anthurium garden shop.

Trees were of Bay-leaf, red chili, cherry tomatoes, peppers, Avocados, Jackfruit and other useful fruits and vegetables. There were medicinal plants as well and organic farming.

I had worn traditional Coorg dress and planted a coffee plant as a remembrance. It was a memorable moment and a Joy of giving life to a coffee plant!
It was a unique experience staying in a paradise with such a wonderful and caring staff who were always courteous and available even in mid-night for the room service and were always proactive for giving the accurate information.
In the souvenir shop, I came across very interesting South Indian recipes book which had a combination of Goan, Andhra, Coorg, Chettinad and Kerala cuisines. I also took a filter coffee maker.

The Plantation leaf restaurant in Orange County had out of the world South Indian Thali. Bon Appetite..:) Do not miss the amazing Filter Coffee there!

Pandi Curry (Pork curry) being the famous of all in non-veg is a delicacy specialty of Coorg and is cooked on all special occasions.
Some of the other specialties are Coorg Mango Curry, Rasam, Jackfruit Seed Curry and much much more.

Special thanks and kudos to Chairman for appointing and keeping such a Decent yes Decent Staff. Thanks to all Naturalists > Mr. Murthy, Mr. Mahesh, Mr. Naveen and all, Chefs (Mr. Siva Prasad), Ms. Neetu Mahajan & Ms. Suhasini, Housekeeping > Mr. Ramachandran (I guess) each and every person (I forgot their names, but remember from their face). The special thing I noticed is all are very distance and keep respectable distance while talking. I could see the decency Orange County Staff follows while talking or interacting to females.

I was very happy when the each staff asking us “How was your trip” or “Is this your first visit?” They show respect and treat you like a family member. I request Orange County staff to keep the Momentum going.

In the evening of our previous day of check out, we went to market in Siddapur. You can shop here for some spices like pepper, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon and Roasted Coconut Oil to add that extra taste to your non-vegetarian receipes. You also get the original Coorg Honey (Agmark Grade) which is 100% pure and natural as it is good emollient, vitalizing agent, alleviates cough, cold, heals wounds, nourishing food for good health and has therapeutic value and round small Son Papdi. You also get small coffee packets (but be careful some packets might contain Chicory 30% in it but it will be mentioned on the packet). Request you to ask the shopkeeper.

We had stayed in Orange County resort, the best resort I have ever stayed! I am very happy and love to go to this resort again and again.

Room Tip: Do not forget to do all the indoor activities. All activities are special and unique.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family