“Indian taster menu”

Price range: US$12 - US$26
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Imperial Arms is a family run GastroPub with a Restaurant/Function Room in the original Coach House also dating back to 1779 and was refurbished to a very high standard by Interior Designer & family member, Martyn Lawrence Bullard. theis Pub cosy, warm and inviting with two bars which seats up to 40 for dining. The Library Bar and the Catherine Bar, named after the Mistress of Napoleon 111 who stayed here when he was exiled to Chislehurst in 1870. The Restaurant is romantic and beautifully decorated and seats just 24 but 50 for a function. Both sell delicious, reasonably priced, homemade food along with excellent wine lists and beautifully kept Real Ales and Lagers such as Harveys, London Pride, Pedigree, Chapel Down Curious Brew, Peroni and much more, We have live music in the Restaurant on a Thursday evening from 8 -11 and an open mike night in the pub every last Thursday of the month. We also hold a fun quiz with music and prizes every Wednesday from 8.30 in the pub
Reviewed 6 April 2018

This was held in the courtyard very nice setting and ambience.Good selection of poppadoms to start.main menu selection curries,chops bhaji etc.This took a lot of preparation and that was reflected in the taste.It was lovely.
Well done chef Tina and mine host Russell.
Be back
Janet & Jimmy

2  Thank 512princessg

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Very hospitable owners and staff who were very welcoming and couldnt do enough to make our visit enjoyable.
The Sunday lunch was lovely.
We both had a starter of mackeral and the Roast . We chose Belly of Pork and the Rolled leg of Lamb stuffed with herbs...and they didn't dissapoint.
Good music in background, we will definately go back.

3  Thank chs555
Reviewed 20 March 2018

7 of us for Sunday lunch in the Bistro. Marvellous little restaurant. Food was good although beef a little tough. Staff couldn’t be more helpful or friendly. Italian wine was excellent. Worth noting that there are only Sunday roasts available on Sundays. The bill was very reasonable. On what we experienced I would have given it a high score. So why the low score? We finished our three courses and asked to have tea and coffee but were told that we only had the table for 2 hours we couldn’t be served anymore. As I was not told this when I booked or later when I paid the £70 deposit we were very disappointed. It was a family gathering and my brother had travelled up from Chatham.

Tina B, Owner at Imperial Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Thank you so much for the kind words of your experience on Sunday and I can only apologise that when you made your booking the staff member forgot to tell you we give 2 hour slots on Sundays. When booking on line it does say this in the confirmation. We are usually fully booked on Sundays in both the Pub and the Bistro and usually turn up to 50 or more people away as walk ins and phone calls on the day. This is why we allocate a 2 hour time slot to everyone in order to accommodate our desired nos of 120 across both areas and to not disappoint people.We dont have this restriction at other times. When I was asked for Coffees I explained people were waiting at the bar for the tables and that you had gone over the 2 hours. It was then you told me your werent told this when you booked and I am sorry for this as then we did have to hurry things up as 8 people had no where to sit and were causing congestion with prams also. We didn't get the table back till 2 3/4 hours had gone as we had to wait for a cab for some of your party and it was very challenging all round. Hopefully you will come back as you did have a nice time and this time your coffees will be on me.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Yet another wonderful lunch with staff under extreme pressure yet food atmosphere and service never fails!-top place near Bromley

2  Thank Linda D
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

We visited the Imperial Arms Coach House last night as my Mothers Day treat. We've never been there before. We had reserved a table in the quaint Coach House which only has about 8 tables and its own bar. The decoration makes you feel that you are in a medieval hall.
There is a smaller menu here than in the general pub but my son had trouble choosing what he wanted as he wanted to eat all of it!
We had starters of squid, halloumi and deep fried pork belly. All equally delicious. For our main course we had lobster and a burger which were yummy too. We had one dessert between 3 as we were full up. This was chocolate cake with peanut butter and ice cream. They offered 3 spoons to go with it.
The staff were efficient and friendly and it had a nice, relaxing atmosphere. The only downside is that parking is a bit of a problem. However we would all like to return and I will recommend it to my friends.

2  Thank Gillian A