All reviews ayurvedic treatments morning meditation life changing mahendra shah heaven on earth flower arrangements stress release body and soul spa staff watching the sunrise magical place inner peace healthy food positive energy infinity pool wonderful spa yoga instructor
Reviewed 13 April 2016

I was looking for a solo getaway that would be for mind, body and soul! Thanks to all the reviews on Trip Advisor, I found it at Zen Resort, Bali. For me this was an experience of a lifetime because it gave me a lot!

I was welcomed at the airport by a wonderful driver, Nyoman (spelling?). He kept me awake on our 3.5 hour drive to the resort with his outgoing nature and Bali history lesson! Thank you for that Nyoman!

My days started with meditation and yoga with Ilu, a humble and gentle human being! Ilu, thank you for all you do daily! Your teachings will be with me forever.
The delicious, wholesome meals were prepared and served with love and care at the resort's restaurant. The service and attention did not go unnoticed and was greatly appreciated. Thank you to the chefs and servers!

Then there was the daily Ayurveda treatments. Just wow! The practitioners truly care for your well being and take pride in what they do. I can say I have never had such a great experience for the wellness of my body. Ladies at the Spa, thank you for your dedication to Ayurveda!

And to Ms Budiani, the resort Manager. It seemed like she worked 24/7 - not because she had to but because she is dedicated and sincerely cares for the well being and comfort of her guests. She never missed a day in checking in on me as well as other guests to ensure we are ok. She went out of her way to fulfill our requests and treated us like we were a member of her family. Ms Budiani you are indeed a soulful human being! Thank you for all that you did for me!

In addition to the staff mentioned above, I can't forget to acknowledge and thank the gardeners who keep the grounds and the gardens beautiful; the cleaning staff who care for the villas and add a bit of their personality; and the reception staff who welcome you so warmly when you first arrive and are there whenever you need something.
Everyone at Zen treats you with such respect and hospitality. They are indeed the heart and soul of Zen Reaort. Thank you to all of you for making this trip such an amazing one. You will definitely be seeing me again!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank ashj717
Reviewed 13 April 2016

I'm just coming to the end of another wonderful stay at Zen. Again it has improved since my last visit, if that's possible!
A lovely new spa wing, beautiful new rooms in a stunning location.
Everything else remains the same - excellent treatments, wonderful food, beautiful staff who treat you so wonderfully, I have never experienced this any where else in the world.
The location is pure heaven, wonderful views and gardens full of birds and butterflies. A truly wonderful, spiritual experience.
Great diving too with a really great new dive master. All in all, can't wait to come back - again and stay in one of the new bungalows!

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 April 2016

I had an amazing experience and the resort, for me it was like a Pice Of Heaven on Earth.Loving,joyfull and kindhearted people, the most healty and teasty vegan food i have ever experienced,natural spring water,healing Spa Services that made me feel the most loved client,Flowers all over the Resort, in the room,on the flour.The sound of nature and birds was healing my soul every minute I was there.The sun rising meditation was an incredible joy of the soul with pranayama lessons and yoga after.I felt so Blest to be There! Thank you Zen Team !

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 April 2016 via mobile

Went for 4 days for wellness and relaxation with my friend. Excellent spa services....only complaint is the mosquitos and lack of bar service by the pool area....I also loved the arranged dolphin trip. The rooms ok but you go to this resort for the lush grounds and services.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 April 2016

I spent 7 days at the Zen resort and absolutely enjoyed it. This is my second time visiting this wonderful place and I have to say the quality of the service, the personal touch, the quality of the Ayurvedic treatments are absolutely top notch. The resort expanded with new villas with great interior design and private pools. I really enjoyed my stay in 2012 and I described my experience in my blog- snippetsofcuriosity on wordpress, but now the experience was even better! The Zen resort is a magical place where you have a holistic experience from the food you eat, the environment you indulge into, the daily breathing and meditation practice and the Auyrvedic treatments you receive. I was honored to meet Dr. Mahendra Shah, the owner of the place. This made the experience even more memorable.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo