“The worst Holiday Villa ever!”

Reviewed 11 July 2016

Went with my significant other in December 2015.We booked for 3 nights but ended up staying for less than 2 nights as my other half was attacked by Bedbugs in the room.

Read this: BEDBUGS!

We only discovered this on day 2 when there were bite marks(swellings) on the side of her face and hands. Brought this up to the hotel reception and the manager. She just stood there and looked at us like it was our fault. They said there was no refund for the 3rd night but frankly, I didn't care.
No effort was made to check the room, rectify the problem or offer us an alternate room.We checked out on the same day and found another hotel.

Other points to note:
1. Villa Pool was so chlorinated that just sitting by it and your could smell the chlorine crystals and see it on the bottom of the pool.(See my picture)
2. No effort was made to keep the area clean and dry, there were lots of mosquito larvae breeding in the stagnant water feature.
3. Fridge was not cleaned and was very dirty.
4. Shower Area in the bathroom was poorly maintained and we ended up bathing in the tub instead.
5. Poorly maintained floorboards which had nails protruding.
6 Broken chairs which we informed them but no effort was made to replace it.

All in all, the worst experience ever in Bali!

Room Tip: There are tons of better hotels in Lovina, pick any other.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Canicus
Qorina1606, Manager at Gino Feruci Villa Lovina, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2016

Dear Canicus,

Thank you for having chosen our property as one of your second home in Bali.
First of all, please accept our apology for any inconvenience following your recent stay with us which we find it always useful as a reminder as to maintain our facilities and services to be at its best.

We are aware of shaping up any of our presentations, especially for service and maintenance that could be more increased.

We realize that your review and feedback are the most important thing to improve our quality and service in the future.
We do hope to see you again and wish you very best wishes.

Reviewed 11 July 2016

My partner and I booked three nights at this villa. We were quite sceptical due to the mixed reviews. Our instincts told us things might not be good and it all started when we drove in.

The entrance looks unkempt and lifeless. It was pouring when we arrived and the front porch was already starting to flood. We checked-in and was brought to Spinola 5.

At rough look it seems fine, but after we settled in we saw many things that were not fine.

The room was badly maintained. The were water mark stains on the wooden parquet flooring. The toilet had lots of dead leaves and stuff.

We went out to eat that night and when we came back the two trees nearest to the reception got uprooted by the storm. Effectively blocking our way back to the room. The staff didn't manage to shift the trees by themselves (which I understand) so we both had to climb over the trees to get back to our room. And obviously, we both got drenched. No apologies or so as well.

The next day, we went to the main dining area for breakfast. It had lots of dirty dishes that was left uncleared and flies were hovering like they spotted free buffet. We waited for more than 30 mins for our breakfast despite stating our intended breakfast time.

The breakfast was bad, eggs were too oily and tasted bad. Needless to say, my partner and I both did not finish the breakfast. Later that day, my stomach felt so bad. I vomitted and had the runs throughout the remaining of the day and night.

My partner tried to watch tv when keeping tabs on me but a payment noticed came up on screen (my partner reads and speaks Bahasa Indonesia). They owe subscription money that's why the channels are locked.

When they came to clean the room, they put in so much bleach powder and the water got too chlorinated.

But that is not the worse!

The morning after I woke up from the bad bout of food poisoning, I went to shower and saw myself at the mirror. My face and arms were all red with bumps! I called for my partner and he said it looks like bed bug bites!

He immediately look under the sheets and found dead carcasses of bed bugs. See the photos attached.

I was so upset as my face were all red and bumpy. We packed all our stuff in a separate ziplock bag and immediately check out.

They asked me why was I checking out one day earlier, my husband showed them the photos of the dead bed bugs and the bites on the face and the lady at the reception just comment "Sorry, we can't refund you balance." I did not even ask for a bloody refund.

It just shows how professional they are. Anyway, I called Agoda straight away as I made the booking through them. I filed a complaint and sent them the photos. They straight away processed my request for a refund.

This place is run down and not well-maintained. I paid 120USD per night and tortured myself for two days. I seriously regretted it.

I don't understand how can there be any good reviews at all. I'm starting to think that they are paying people to give positive reviews.

Steer clear. If you want to have a look at the bed bug bites on my face please drop me a message.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ellevonn

Dear Ellevonn,

Thank you for having chosen our property as one of your second home in Bali.

We do hope to see you again and wish you very best wishes.

Reviewed 7 July 2016 via mobile

My partner and I stay here for two nights. We stayed in a one bedroom villa with private pool. The design of the complex and villa was very attractive. The villa featured an open plan outdoor lounge, kitchen/dining area featuring a pool, small garden and tanning beds. Inside was a large king size bed with large tv and air conditioning. Behind the bed was a wardrobe and walk through to large combined toilet, bath and shower set in a relaxing rainforest style. The villa was surround by a large stone fence and heavy high wooden doors providing ample privacy.

The down side of this complex was the lack of maintenance of the grounds and fixtures within the villa. There are many water features and fountain on the grounds but sadly none of these were working. However is was very easy to overlook these issues due the tranquility of the place. If you are staying in Lovina make sure you have plenty of insect repellent.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Lyndonsinoz,
Warmest greetings from Gino Feruci Villa Lovina!

Thank you for having chosen our property as one of your second home in Bali.
We are happy to learn that you enjoyed with our facilities, ambiance as well as the surroundings that accomplish your holiday time with us.

Thank you also for your tips, we do hope it could be useful for another guest in the future.

We hope to have you here again with us at some other time, we remain.

With best regards,

Reviewed 27 June 2016 via mobile

I was book a room at gino feruci today by an online travel. This is my first time to stay there.
Then when i arrived, i was wondering there's no body at the villa, no security stand by at the gate, there's no one welcoming me until i reach the front desk. It's really bad experience for me.
When i do the check in the staff said that there's no reservation under my name. And i really upset, i show him my book and then he believe me then gave me a room.
Another staff escort me to my room and the room is so terrible, its to dark and all the door was open. When i see the bedroom, it's a bit dirty and the is no pillow cases. I asked them to change the room and the show me another room which is the room is quite good from outside but when i check around, i got 3 spiders are waiting me at the bathroom.. I was scare and i just leave the villa to find another better place to stay. For sure i won't stay there again even it's for free.. ☹️☹️

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Qorina1606, Manager at Gino Feruci Villa Lovina, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2016

Dear Anastasia F,

Thank you for having chosen our property as one of your second home in Bali.

Wish you very best wishes.

Reviewed 19 June 2016

The staff here went above and beyond to help our stay so comfortable, they were very friendly and professional. The villa was clean and comfortable. We really enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with statravel.com

Dear Shirinayeasmin,
Warmest greetings from Gino Feruci Villa Lovina!

Thank you very much for experiencing our hospitality and happy to learn that you enjoyed with our facilities, ambiance as well as the surroundings that accomplish your holiday time with us.

We do hope your review could be useful for another guest in the future and hope to have you here again with us at some other time, we remain.

With best regards,