1,430 results
All reviews leisure facilities spa bath free upgrade on arrival lovely hotel steam room executive room relaxing stay honeymoon suite afternoon tea kippers bar menu course meal underfloor heating walk in shower birthday treat lovely room
Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

A large hotel but the staff have a pleasant friendly touch. Clean and pleasantly decorated. Leisure centre with large pool adds a bit of luxury. Rooms are good and bed was very comfy. We had a special deal with Prosecco and chocolate in the room- loved it. Dinner was a bit of a let down. The dining room aims for posh but comes across as dated in terms of style of service. The kitchen aims at fancy food but the quality of the meal is way less than the presentation. Sweet potato gnocchi are actually unpleasant. Breakfast is a buffet and all the usual dishes are there.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank whatdidicomefor
Park Farm Count... h, Guest Relations Manager at Park Farm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Mary

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us, I am pleased to see that overall you enjoyed your experience with us. It is great to hear that our leisure club added luxury to yourself and you enjoyed a good nights sleep in our comfy beds.

I am sorry to hear of your comments with regards to our Seasons Restaurant, we pride ourselves on high service and food quality and I saddened to hear this was not the case.

We do hope to welcome you back again soon.

Lauren

Reviewed 6 November 2018

Beautiful hotel, lovely room, excellent customer service, amazing food, great facilities, all very clean. I would love to stay again!! No faults whatsoever on any of that it!

BUT:
The price of the room dropped from when I originally booked, from £156 to £124. I only noticed this as I was keeping an eye on how full the hotel was getting. I emailed about this and they amended my price, with no explanation or apology. Closer to arrival I inquired about an upgrade. I was quoted £25, however the website price was only £15 more. I was told this was human error and was upgraded for £15. I did ask if they could waiver this, as I had been messed around on the price, but I was told they couldn't. I could of therefore paid an extra £42 which I didn't need to, if I had not checked the website prices after booking!

I have contacted the hotel since. The have confirmed they do not monitor pricing and room amounts do change depending on cancellations etc. Therefore CHECK THE WEBSITE PRICE BETWEEN BOOKING AND ARRIVAL!

They have not offered any compensation, which considering they had a full hotel and a wedding Saturday night, I am surprised they could not forgo my £15 upgrade fee. A great shame when a goodwill gesture and true apology along the way would of gone a long way. It also would have altered my review. I do not wish to have to write this review, but I honestly feel other travelers should be aware.

A MASSIVE disappointment to a fantastic hotel which per their website have 'BEST PRICE PROMISE' when booking directly....

Room tip: Deluxe Family room was very spacious!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Park Farm Count... h, Manager at Park Farm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2018

Dear Jemma,

I glad to see you highlight the excellent customer care, amazing food and great facilities during your visit. It is however very disappointing to see you focus so much on our pricing and the fact you were not given a £15 discount because of one small mistake.

As I explained in our correspondence the hotel's pricing works like many other comparable hotels. Prices can sometimes be reduced if the hotel experiences last minute cancellations or is unusually quiet.

The hotel's best price promise specifically relates to third party booking agents and had you checked your price in comparison you would see that it was cheaper.

To confirm, you were not "messed around" with the price. You mentioned you had seen the price had dropped on two occasions and each time we reduced the price with no issue. I am unsure how the hotel being full and us hosting a wedding has any bearing on whether you should receive a further £15 reduction on your stay. My colleague made an error when she originally quoted you the upgrade fee and when you brought this to our attention we immediately gave you the correct price. Unfortunately we are only human and mistakes can be made. It is a shame that because we would not give you the money off you wanted, you have decided to centre your review around this rather than the positive visit itself.

Kind regards

Michael Bannister

Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

Park farm was incredible, could not fault my whole experience. The staff were very attentive and could not help you enough and catered for any of your needs. The facilities were clean and modern. The rooms are exceptional, down the the fine detail they go through to make your stay extra special. Overall will be visiting again soon and recommend this place to anyone!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Park Farm Count... h, Guest Relations Manager at Park Farm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your great review and I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us. Your comments really are very much appreciated and we look forward to seeing you again at your next visit.

With kind regards

Nicky Bishop

Reviewed 31 October 2018

Excellent establishment. Privately owned and obviously run with pride. Cannot be faulted - accommodation/food/facilities/location/parking/service - all first class. This is one of those occasional hotels where we shall look forward to a return visit.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Park Farm Count... h, Guest Relations Manager at Park Farm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2018

Thank you kindly for taking the time to offer us your feedback following your stay with us. We are so glad everything was to your satisfaction and to see how every aspect left you with a good impression of the hotel.

We have several special offers available and would love to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Laura Fickling

Reviewed 31 October 2018 via mobile

This hotel and staff were amazing. The food was excellent although I agree that the bar food is slightly over priced. Breakfast was perfectly cooked with plenty of choice. We visited here through tesco Clubcard vouchers and we got a very cheap deal. Although we didn't expect first class accommodation we were put in what we think was rooms sometimes used by staff. (Heard them coming and going next door). It would have been nice to have stayed in a mainstream room to be able to make a fair judgement on value for money as this is by no means a budget hotel. ! Would I pay over a £100 a night for the room we stayed in not a chance.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent review however we don't offer any accommodation through Tesco Clubcard vouchers nor bedrooms that are for staff so unsure if this review is the correct one for Park Farm Hotel.

Should you wish you discuss your feedback further, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01603 810264.

Laura Fickling