Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 October 2018

Only stayed 1 night here, arrived late and had a very nice welcome from the night staff. Room was clean and comfortable, yet a little dated. The pressure from the shower was immense! Just what I was needing after a long hot and sweaty day. The following morning, I opened the curtains and was amazed by the view and proximity to the ocean front and dock. Reception staff the following morning were very hospitable, friendly couldn't do enough to help you. This hotel is located right in the village of Clifton, so close to shops and the local bar called stress. Air conditioning great too.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 24 June 2018

In full view of the grenadines ferry dock, this is the ideal place for the weary traveller to crash, fresh water pool comes in super handy especially when sargassum has choked up beaches all over. sweet view of palm island and local fishermen going about their dailies.
rooms are cozy and spacious with all the amenities, WIFI was surprisingly good Hospitality from the staff is top notch and genuine, typical of the warm and friendly Unionites . I will come back here no doubt.

Room tip: top floor , ocean facing are best or you can opt for a bungalow
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Graphics S
Reviewed 24 April 2018

We booked at the Kingslanding hotel on the recommendation of the Grenadines Dive shop. Grenadines Dive is the only dive shop in the group of islands and is literally right next door. We could shout to the boat captain from our balcony. The accommodations were very reasonable as we had booked as part of a dive package with the dive shop owner. Communication was not easy, the email was sporadic, I wish I would have contacted the hotel directly instead of trying to book through the dive shop. Eventually a few weeks before the trip I emailed Josette at the front desk at the Kingslanding and everything smoothed out from there on.
The hotel amenities are very basic, they have a pool in front which was very clean and we used this for our rinsing our cameras and wetsuits after diving.
They do offer free breakfast but it was no more than one scrambled egg per person and a half a slice of bacon. Once we got a tomato slice!!! If you want more than that they want to charge you 26 EC for one more egg. We went to the markets and purchased eggs fruit and potatoes and took it back to Vera and Bernadette and they were very happy to cook and slice whatever we brought them. Beware, all of the coffee at the kingslanding is instant. There is a little shop down the way called the "Snack Shack" that had a lovely breakfast with very healthy food, and brewed coffee. You do not need a car in this island you can walk to the whole downtown area in about 5 minutes. If you want to visit the other areas on the island you can rent a bike in town. It is worth it to make the hike up to the "Old Fort" the sunrise from this point was amazing. We left at 530 each morning and had plenty of time to see the sunrise. We ate at most of the restaurants, it takes a very long time to get your meals at any of them. Sparrows was nice, but pricey, Bouganvilla was also nice and the prices were a little better.
There are no cooking utensils in the rooms, even though there is a small stove. We had two coffee cups, two drinking glasses and a large spoon (that I don't know what I would have used it for) There was a kettle in the room to boil water for coffee or tea. There were tea bags in the room, and we bought some coffee from the store in town. The refrigerator was clean and it actually did make ice with the ice cube trays. Beware of the Sunset Very Strong RUM!!!
We rented bikes and made the trip back to Chatham Bay, it was a long uphill bike ride, if you are not fit, hire a taxi. Go to the Aqua restaurant in Chatham bay, you will not regret it, it is as close to paradise as you can come. Plan to stay for the sunset over there and hire a care back.
We used the ATM machine at the bank in town, but everyone was willing to accept US currency, the exchange was a little bit higher in their favor when they did the conversion. Nothing is really that cheap on the island as everything has to be imported. And prepare yourself for restaurants to "run out of things", they only get a delivery boat twice per week.
I would stay there again as the diving was really nice. The people at the hotel are very friendly, and will go out of their way especially Bernadette and Vera. They are really the backbone of the service.

Room tip: Ask for a room on the water. If possible they have two Cottages that may be available that looked a little larger than the rooms.
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Likestotravel0920
Reviewed 31 January 2018

We were at Kings Landing for a week after Christmas '17, which included New Year's Eve. While the fixtures & furnishings are basic and a bit tired, the excellent service and location next door to Grenadines Dive more than made up for that. The staff were so responsive & accommodating! There are many restaurants within easy walking distance. Since both of the cottage rooms were occupied, we stayed in a ground-floor room with a kitchenette facing the harbour.

Room tip: An upstairs harbour-facing room would be an excellent spot from which to watch the New Year's Eve fireworks in Clifton Harbour.
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2017

Came back to Union after 2 years...I wanted to sleep somewhere that was mid budget as opposed to my last low budget trip to Union Island..Came in late afternoon on a Thursday via SS Minnow from Carriacou no that was Giligans Island no SS Lady JJ(just joking Troy that's sea seaworthy vessel and I respect you a lot)...Came in and thes epeople were not in a hurry for their money..They just showed me to my room and said we will take care of that in the morning.I was liking this place already...Rooms very nice and clean AC Freezing cold..great ocean view room..breakfast in the morning.The cook was so nice..I forgot her name but she had an infectious smile and was always pleasant...I will definitely be back to stay at this place.Also there is a lady that sells bar-b-que ..in the afternoons.You can't miss her place she is on the left as you are walking off of hotel compound..Her food is great,but she does not smile much but..again the food is great...Anyway Big Up to all staff get room number 15 ready for me again..."Triniman coming back....."

Date of stay: August 2017