Book In Advance

from US$55.00
More Info
from US$1,265.00
More Info
All reviews horse carriage nile cruise inner sanctum greco roman wall carvings aggressive vendors beautiful carvings both sides hypostyle hall the gauntlet west bank of the nile ancient times ancient egyptians abu simbel falcon god temple
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

This is possibly the most well preserved temple in all of Egypt. The structure was so solid and beautiful that neither the Greeks, nor the Romans, nor the Persians made any efforts to dismantle it. Instead, they used it as a fort and so the entire temple is in excellent condition, including the mud brick wall around the temple complex. There is a room which has recipes of perfumes engraved on the walls, and I swear it smells of perfume :)

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I love Horus!!
after seeing his temple I worship him!!!
this visit is recommended to all human kind!!!!

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

I came here on a boiling hot March afternoon with my tour guide ... We were literally the only people here as this temple is quite far out and seems not visited often.

The outside looks pristine, but when you walk inside the actual temple it is still covered a lot in black caused from when it was used as a church. They are cleaning it slowly, but there is a long way to go. The exterior however gives many angles for amazing pictures.

You can buy tickets at the entrance and they only take cash. I stayed about an hour which was more than enough.

Walking out there are some vendors ... when they see a tourist their prices skyrocket and I actually got very angry as they were wanting to charge me 20 times the normal rates ... needless to say I left without buying anything.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

We took a horse-drawn carriage to Edfu from our Nile Cruise. We were there around closing time so most people were gone or leaving, which was nice. Edfu was very interesting! The hieroglyphs were beautiful and there was lots to explore in the complex. We brought our toddler in a stroller and it was manageable. There are some areas and stairs that aren’t accessible by stroller, but I’m glad we did it! I recommend.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

Although this drive is a little long - consider the time of day you arrive. Early morning reduces the heat, particularly in the large, non-shade areas however at midday - the sun provides some brilliant photographs, which clearly displayed the quality of this temple.
I would consider midday - just take more water and give yourself a time period, you will not be disappointed with the images you produce.