1,015 results
All reviews jacuzzi villa walking street tour desk west side poolside room long tail boat krabi airport pool view restaurant staff phi phi no alcohol carry your luggage rock climbing thai food air condition travel agent both sides
Reviewed 15 August 2018

It was a perfect vacation. The hotel meet all our expectation. It was quiet and perfect for couples, the rooms were clean and well maintained, and the staff was very nice. Breakfast was "poor".
I recommend this Hotel

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yossi_Dadi
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Our room, a jacuzzi villa, was right by the pool with a pond at the front entrance. It was just a quick walk to the beach and pool. The room had a comfortable, firm bed and beautiful furnishings. I loved the little frogs that sang and jumped into the pond as I walked across the “floating” steps that were elevated above the entry way pond.
Breakfast was satisfactory, but the view was unbeatable.
We loved the vibe at the pool after a morning on the beach and the ocean.
Although the hotel doesn’t serve alcohol, just around the corner, there’s a beach bar. It left the Resort as a peaceful and cal retreat. We loved the peace and quiet on Railay Beach.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ginger D
Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

Wonderful location at railay west beach, right on the best part on the railay. Easily accessible from aonang. Property is small but right at the lap of nature and well maintained.Breakfast menu is very limited and food was average. Staff behaviour is less that expected for thai standard, hardly understand any english.Overall good experience to stay.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

We are frequent Thai travelers and my wife is Thai. This was our first trip to Krabi. I booked online last minute and got a great room cheap. It was a deluxe I think, $83/night. We stayed a week. Our room was huge and very nice. It was one of the ones pictured on all the online sites over the pool. Great views, great balcony. I think this slightly edges out all the other properties on Railay Beach except possibly for the Raveenda (sp?) anyway that one is nearly 4 times the price. Also of note is that Railay Village’s beach access is the best by far: soft light sand that you can walk out on to about 100 yards/meters. The beach views are spectacular too. The service here is world class, friendly and helpful. The entire resort staff bends over backwards to help with every need.

IMPORTANT: Getting there:

The only way to get here is by boat. Depending on which peer you leave from you will have to with land at a pier or get off in the surf and walk in like D-Day WITH your bags and kids if you have them. So...call the Railay Village Resort when you leave the pier and arrange a free porter. Or do what we did and book a private van and the hotel boat (private) to take you to and from the Krabi airport. It’s faster, you stay dry and it’s only 1600 Thai baht ($50) each way.

The room is fresh and clean. Very large and comfortably appointed. I considered paying more for an upgrade but am glad I didn’t as I didn’t need it. Our room overlooked the larger of the two pools and was very quiet. Wonderful balcony tooWhile we were there they were finishing construction on the other side of the pool but honestly we didn’t hear it much and even then it was after 10AM. Please note that the room and bathroom are both very large verging on massive, and the bathroom includes both a bath and a separate shower space. Thus at night you will want to close the double doors between the bathroom and main studio to get the best performance from the A/C.

Breakfast is worth including in your stay at the lower rate and has all the usual resort choices. The restaurant is good but was hit and miss on some dishes. The pad Thai is excellent as are the curry dishes, soups, fried rice, pasta, pizza’s,and fish. Avoid only the hamburgers as they are very weird: oblong small hockey pucks that taste like weird desiccated filler of some kind. Other than that it’s very good and we are there happily everyday for one or more meals. Do note that there is no alcohol served but you are freely allowed to bring your own if you wish.

IMPORTANT: if you consume alcohol: you’re on the mainland on Railay technically, but you’re for all practical purposes on an island and EVERYTHING has to come in via long tail boat. Hence cocktails and beer will cost you slightly more as will food than the rest of Thailand. Hotel restaurant prices are slightly higher on some items than on walking street but not by much. For example: beer at a 7/11 in most of Thailand is 30-45 Thai baht. Beer at any quick mart on Railay Beach is 70 Thai Baht. Cocktails average between 150-300 baht each everywhere on this beach area. I mention this because I read so much sniveling about the price of drinks at the various hotels on Railay.

The boat and kayak rentals at the hotel desk are cheaply priced and very good. I was very pleased too that they also were more than fair with times on the rentals.

Worth noting:

Railay Beach isn’t your typical Thai beach experience. It’s mostly young middle class western couples on holiday and honey moons or families. There aren’t any bar girls or the usual red light inequities (sadly) to add a bit of festive color. It feels more like the Caribbean on walking street than the rest of Thailand.

Diving is great too.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
7  Thank Quai_Noi
Reviewed 31 May 2018

I have been stayed at hotel since Apr 2018, I loved this resort so much.Good location on Railay Beach & Jacuzzi villa was nice. I loved Nice beach, nice staff, nice swimming pool. I hope that next year will be back once again.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends