All reviewswine tastingvenisonwild boarirish breakfastlovely placeday tripfresh fruitfantastic hostshost hostessfamily kitchenwelcoming atmospheregreat experiencedeer grazingblack and white puddingirish hospitalitycommon roomeggs
Reviewed 4 August 2017

Ditto to what everyone else said - this unique Inn is a must-stay. We loved visiting the deer especially! Miriam went out of her way to accommodate our family of five, we are so appreciative! A bonus was the kitchen in the common room where we were happy to make a meal after 2 weeks of travelling and eating in restaurants. Just wonderful!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Skiers05
Reviewed 30 April 2017

We only had the one night but we would have loved to have stayed longer.
Miriam and Pat were fantastic hosts this is all you could ever want in accommodation and with first class service. Our room was in the courtyard and very spacious, very clean, and very quiet, we cooked our own meal in the kitchen that has everything you could need.
The breakfast was amazing I have never had venison or wild boar sausages or black and white pudding but it was all wonderful I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Room Tip: The cottage kitchen and dining areas are shared but we didn't see anyone else in there, it felt like we had the place to ourselves.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Maz1207
Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

Wonderful country home accommodation, located just outside Mitchelstown co.cork. Hosts Pat and Miriam couldn't have been more hospitable. Spacious and quiet rooms, delicious breakfast with wild boar sausages and great experience in wine tasting from their own vineyard in Hungary. 2003 cabernet franc as one of my favourites. Definitely worth calling by!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Donal C
Reviewed 23 February 2017 via mobile

A wonderful place to stay. Amazing food they raise wild boar and venison and serve their own produce for breakfast you couldn't get fresher or more tasty food. The owners are warm and welcoming hosts n make you feel relaxed and at ease.. We will be back for another visit

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Siobhan T
Reviewed 3 February 2017

I spent 6 nights during a business trip in this peaceful location and I loved every minute of it.
Breakfast was fantastic - both food and conversation. I would return there with my entire family when I’ll have the chance.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business