“Hidden gem”

El Jardin del Mirador
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Pitres
Price range: US$12 - US$23
Cuisines: Moroccan
Description: IN THE HIGH ALPUJARRA , presiding from Pitres THE VALLEY OF TAHA, EL JARDIN DEL MIRADOR. Located in a unique setting, this bar-restaurant will offer a selection of dishes INFLUENCE MEDITERRANEA you can taste contemplating SPECTACULAR SCENERY THAT SURROUNDS
Reviewed 20 September 2015 via mobile

To be honest. We were very apprehensive when we entered the restaurant as the tables were slightly dusty ( sign of no customers ). However the food turned out to be one of the best we had in our 2 weeks in Spain. I recommend the duck and pork tenderloin.

1  Thank marleneavenue

Reviewed 15 September 2015

fantastic experience for the senses in this nice bar. the food was delicious, especially the duck magret(possibly the best I 've tried so far)
thank the owner for his kindness and sympathy with us. Special to mention the background music .
highly recommended

1  Thank klaus S
Reviewed 10 September 2015 via mobile

Yesterday we visited El Jardin del Mirador. We really live the place. It is a lovely garden with a view on the mountains. We started witj the fried Sardines: Vary tasteful. But I really enjoyed the Duck!and the wokked vegetables. Don't forget the cake. We had a largesized cake with ice and chocolate in it. I would like to eat that everyday.

1  Thank Arjan492
Reviewed 21 June 2015

I had a truly dreadful meal in El Mirador today. To begin with, their barbecue was "not functioning this week" so the menu was very limited. The selection of tapas was lukewarm and very oily - I live in Andalucia so this is not your average brit complaining. The duck was disgusting, almost cold, raw in the middle and in a purple sauce meant to be fruit. No veg, no rice and the bread I asked for didnt arrive until we had finished eating.

My friend´s vegetable wok was so swimming in soy sauce it was completely oversalted.

Then we were left looking at our dirty plates for 40 minutes when there were only 2 other tables occupied the whole time we were there. We gave up and left. No coffee, no dessert. Even the beautiful view palls after that experience.

Come on guys, Get it together. If the only thing you can do well is barbecue then close when you can´t offer that, And explain to the waiter how to be a waiter, please.

Reviewed 22 May 2015

We've just had a wonderful meal at El Mirador. It is under new ownership and is now Andalusian cuisine of very high quality. I had a wonderful sizzling cod with a Mediterranean sauce and my husband had pork with Mediterranean vegetables and a hint of soy. Super food and lovely wine. It's nice to have Mirador back in action.