“Almost perfect.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Mabini
Paranaque, Philippines
“Almost perfect.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

Went here on a company outing.. Almost everything was great.. The facilities, food (yummy buffet!), the staff were friendly. The resort's location was perfect! The hotel room was also very clean. Our toilet's flush was broken though.

One major flaw is that services aren't open 24 hours.. The front desk, shuttle service & food.
The receptionist had to be woken up for assistance, as well as the shuttle service. So make sure you've brought everything before riding the shuttle service (you can't directly go to the resort. you'll have to ride the van/jeepney). They don't provide food late at night, yet they ask for corkage fee for any food brought.

Besides these we had a great time! Make sure you don't miss out on diving! It was a wonderful experience! The water was sooo clear! I was able to touch the inside of a clam (because it so fat already... haha!) Though I think snorkeling is already good enough, if you don't want to spend too much (only Php 175). :)

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Phets

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Korean first
Makati, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

Likes:
- Clean Rooms
- Cable TV (dive resorts in Batangas usually don't have TVs in their rooms)
- Bathroom amenities (2 shampoos & 1 soap)
- Great view of the ocean from our room (Room 402)
- Good food (Their Greek Salad and Clam Chowder are my favorite)
- Their swimming pools especially the reef pool (swimming with baby sharks is a must!)

Dislikes:
- Sometimes the flush doesn't work, we had to open the tank and fix it.
- 2 or 3 snobbish employees but I guess it's something you have to live with especially if you're a Filipino. They're only friendly to foreigners.

Room Tip: Choose any rooms on the 4th floor, great view
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Empress1866
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2012

After almost 4hrs of driving from Cavite when we reached Eaglepoint, there was a van waiting in their parking lot to drive directly to hotel (3 mins.) As we arrived, they served us welcome drinks. They allowed us to check in as early as 1pm since I told them my son already fall asleep. They gave us a room with good view, I was amazed by the view as balikbayan and a beach lover I have like concept of the cottage just infront of the beach.

We availed the Php399 (subject to 10% service charge) dinner buffet, but we were satisified. The food has enough varities of food to choose from. From pasta, grill foods, soup, dessert are there. The buffet breakfast is also great. From international to flipino food they have served too.
From bacon, pancakes, omelet, few to mention.

Wifi is only available in restaurant and hotel lobby as in cottages dont have. Well,reasonable if you want to rest and be away from modernicity. They have 2 pools near in the restaurant which are well maintained. They offered a white beach but have to pay Php1,800 to get there.

As a family, all in all we had a pleasant stay and we wanted to come back.

The cons: The cottage has ants in the terrace but just called Housekeeping to assit of removing them. My son's milk maybe accidentally poured it maybe the big ants were there.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank vinatraveler
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2012

I stayed at the Eagle Point Resort for the weekend and all I can say is that the long ride to the Resort was well worth it. The Resort’s atmosphere is serene and yet lively. If you are looking for a place where you can go diving or snorkeling during the day time and at night be part of an elegant, yet local flavored, place that offers pampering service and food, this is the place. I did not go diving, but if I wanted to, this place offers diving lessons and boat that takes you out. I chose to go snorkeling by the coast. Bring your own snorkel and fins so that you don't have to rent one. They also offer kayaks and boat rides to other islands.

When I arrived to the parking lot, the hotel shuttle van took me and my luggage, in a 1 min steep ride, to the lobby. I was greeted by friendly smiles, drinks, and a quick check-in. I booked the cottage room which I reached through an outdoor tree-lined path. The staff brought all of my luggage to the cottage for me. The cottage has a balcony that overlooks the ocean. The room accommodation is “local flavored” but the bathroom and shower is nicer than the other local places that I have stayed. The shower actually has very hot water.

I was able to lounge around by the pool, which is right by the ocean front, did some snorkeling then sat by the very nice pool and the outdoor family friendly “bar”. The fruit shakes and the snacks were wonderful and I was able to watch the sunset right there with a drink and a plate of Nachos in my hand. Life cannot get better than that!

All the meals were excellent and not expensive “all you can eat” buffet. The buffet offered a wide selection of fresh food, and they have several chiefs there ready to provide make-to-order dishes too for all the meals. During dinner they had a very pleasant live band.

The resort is not near any town or village. Therefore, if you are looking for a night out, this is not the place. If you are a family or a couple looking for a wonderful serene but active time, this place is great. It is a little far from Manila and it is hard to find. My driver had to stop a few times to ask for directions. I chose not to use the hotel shuttle and I was able to arrange my own driver for significantly less money.

In summary, I am extremely glad that I spent the weekend at the Eagle Point Resort and I next time I will bring my family.

Room Tip: I think the cottages are better. make sure to pick from the row of cottages in front of ocean path a...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
makati
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2012

We just spent Christmas there with my family. Here's a couple of things that i can say about the place.
1. They have a free WIFI. yehey!
2. The rooms are clean and cozy and have large bathroom.
3. Friendly staff
4. Food was awesome! Its not pricey for a buffet. I gained a few pounds from that 3 days stay there. Love the omelette.. Prepared just the way I like it!
5. There's no beach in the area. That is, if your looking for that literal sand type. You need to hire a boat to get to "their" beach. its like a 30 minute boat ride but once you're there, you'll find that the beach is awesome.
6. The salt pool is really not a pool where you can relax in. Its their training pool for diving. You can see a variety of fishes and note that there are small sharks swimming there too.
7. You can have a long walk to reach the other side where you can see a big pool that you can also swim in. They also have a path where you and can go down that rocky waters. Just be careful coz the rocks there are quite sharp. I scratched myself several times.
8. lastly, the way going to that resort is a long and rough ride. Be sure to have that tank full before going there for there wont be any gasoline station to pump up for gas.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank trishy_me
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mabini
38.1 km away
Club Balai Isabel
#1 of 2 in Talisay
54.6 km away
Acuatico Beach Resort & Hotel

Been to Eagle Point Resort? Share your experiences!