All reviews chaman gurung main building place to stay chess board clear sky memorable stay great view family members excellent hospitality sitting area welcome drink dining hall room service the cottages warm smile mountain view bagdogra airport
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Food, hospitality, room decors, service were excellent. We traveled Kaluk-Rinchenpong-Pelling-Ravagla with 5 adults, 1 child and 2 infants. They provided the service to the extent whatever we asked for. We were allowed to boil our infants feeding bottles in their kitchen even. Some time twice a day. People are with excellent behavior. We reached Ghonday Village Resort without prior booking. Even though, we got our best deal. They welcome with white 'uttorio' (welcoming and honoring gesture with small piece of cloth) to all of us including even our two infants. Scenic beauty can not be described by words. The day we left Ghonday at 6.30 am then also they honored all of us with 'uttorio' even though both kids were sleeping. All of us enjoyed stayed there.

Stayed: March 2018
2  Thank LipikaR18
Reviewed 20 March 2018

Ghonday Village Resort is located in Kaluk, West Himalayas, very near Kaluk Bazar.
The resort offers unmatched view of the Kanchendzongha range - with all rooms facing the mountains.
The rooms. lawn, children's play area - all are excellent.
The food is also 5 star quality and served in a very hygienic manner.
The best part of the stay was the friendly and ever smiling staff, who will go out of their way to make the stay comfortable.

If you are planning a trip to Kaluk - look no further, this is THE place to stay.

Room Tip: All rooms provide fantastic views
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank PushpakB
Reviewed 2 February 2018

I had been to this property in May of 2017. My Sikkim tour started with Kaluk and I was glad that I had a great start to my trip with a stay in this place. I had booked the family room as we were four of us and the room was really large. The view from this room was absolutely great. Kaluk Village itself is a small sweet village and the people of the village are also equally sweet. The people at this property were absolutely warm and both the service and the food was really great. We hired a local guide from the hotel for our tour of Kaluk the next day and he was gem of a person. It is a shame that I forgot the name of the person as it has been months now since I went to this place. He is a very experienced person and has also been a sherpa in his previous life.

I was actually happy that I stayed in this place as it was a really memorable stay for us.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank rumasan
Reviewed 29 January 2018

The resort is situated in a peaceful location offering uninterrupted kanchenjanga view from rooms.
Staff are super friendly -Puran,Nasim and all others are very good in hospitality and know what it takes to make customers happy. Do try the Bon Fire and Live chicken roast( at a cost though). Once in a lifetime experience of bonfire which is not offered even in big hotels.

Book the superdeluxe or cottages.Go there to rejuvenate yourself.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Manish S
Reviewed 21 January 2018

We stayed here for two nights and it was absolutely amazing. Kaluk is a very small place and has few places to stay in but this is definitely one that is worth every penny. We had a fantastic few, the food was great and the staff super friendly and helpful.

Stayed: September 2017