Lowest prices for your stay
US$564
Orbitz.comUS$541
eDreamsUS$564
TravelocityUS$541
4,125 results
All reviews water sports piccolo mondo rainbow garden ocean side a la carte beachfront room beach front st james's club all inclusive package per person shirley heights royal suite tennis courts nightly entertainment great resort burger catamaran trip
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 December 2018

We returned a few days ago from our second and definitely not last visit to St James, this place is beautiful in every way, the beaches are glorious it’s lovely to have a choice of coco beach which you get more of a breeze and waves, or Mamora Bay which is very flat and more sheltered and lends itself perfectly to the water activities on offer you can enjoy a drink delivered by the lovely Alfred on either beach.
There's a choice of pools all of which are spotlessly clean as is the whole complex, no having to rush for a sunbed there’s plenty. There’s a good choice of food we liked rainbow rooms or 11 didn’t get chance to go to cocos but heard very good reports, the new coffee shop is lovely ( an ice-cream parlour next to it would be nice! ) However what really makes St James special is the staff, many of whom were familiar faces from our last visit, the friendly happy nature just brightens the whole feeling of the place and I think transfers to the guest we met some wonderful people it’s rare to walk past anyone without getting a smile a nod or a hello. The management are visible and will also speak in passing which is refreshing.
There are so many returning guests so that says a lot.
We stayed in a royal suite which for us are worth the extra the lounge area is nice to have and the dedicated pool is usually very quiet. Rushell who looks after the royal suits bar deserves a special mention she is adorable and so good at her job she’s just a joy to be around we miss seeing her beautiful smile, the lovely Sybryn and also Patrick who took care of our reservation for dinner and will organise any trips or taxis. I used to work in the travel industry and have been luck enough to stay at some lovely places and I must say this is one of my favourites it’s 4* but with a relaxed feel none of the "stuffiness " you can get at some 4 or 5* resorts which frankly I don’t want on holiday. Thank you St James we couldn’t think of a nicer place to have spent our 25th Wedding Anniversary and hope to see you for our 26th

1  Thank MJE2511
GuestAmbassador05, Guest Relations Manager at St. James's Club & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

We would love to thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your vacation experience with us at St. James's Club & Villas! We are incredibly pleased to learn that you enjoyed celebrating your silver jubilee anniversary with us!

On behalf of our entire management and staff, we thank you again for staying with us and anticipate your return very soon to idyllic Antigua!

Warm regards,

St. James’s Club, Antigua
Staff & Management

Reviewed 9 December 2018

I never like to leave an average review, but figure that potential guests should hear a number of perspectives. While the St James Club is situated in one of the most picturesque and stunning locations in beautiful Antigua, sadly the other shortfalls undid the idyllic island surroundings.

Caveat: I was there for business, not pleasure, so my experience may differ from what a vacation seeker might want. For example, wi-fi provision is poor and inconsistent. The rooms are dated and really showing their age. The safe requires a large key rather than a modern electronic keypad. Laundry was often a day late and occasionally delivered to the wrong rooms but by far the biggest frustration was the service.

Regardless of whether you are there for work or play, you expect a certain level of service at a five-star resort (particularly one that is all-inclusive). Bars would often be closed early because "there are not many people here" and we were told to move elsewhere in the resort, often an hour before a place was due to shut.

The "all-inclusive" benefit is deceiving as it only applies in certain places and does not apply to bottles. Rather than pop a bottle of wine on your table, they'd rather you get up and down to the bar on a regular basis, or wait on the incredibly slow table service, which we suspected was orchestrated to limit the amount of food and drink served. When you're paying what you do at a place like this, you want to enjoy a bottle of wine, or a jug of rum punch without the hassle (particularly when dining with a large group).

And finally, the water in our apartment was completely switched off one morning and nobody could explain why, or what alternatives we had to shower, prepare etc. This is not ideal when travelling for leisure, but completely unacceptable when travelling for business.

In the interests of fairness and balance, a few of the great things included:

- Plenty of beaches and spaces to escape and relax. You had so many options for activities and places to unwind.
- The full moon beach party was very well executed! Plenty of food, drinks, atmosphere and an incredible setting on the beach, which will be one of my lasting memories of the stay.
- Scenery is simply breathtaking, wherever you are on the property.
- Although I didn't have a need for it, it appears there was plenty for kids to do either independently, or being looked after by resort staff.

Look. It was a nice stay in a part of the world I feel incredibly fortunate to have visited, but if I'd paid to stay here on my vacation, I would have left feeling slightly underwhelmed.

The bottom line is service. If you are a five star resort in an idyllic five star location, you really need service and an attitude to match, which is where I felt the experience slightly fell short.

Room tip: It's a large resort, so if you don't want to walk a long distance to and fro restaurants/bars, request a room close to reception.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
6  Thank Alistair H
GuestAmbassador05, Guest Relations Manager at St. James's Club & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for joining us at St. James’s Club Antigua and for taking the time to share your experiences. We were disheartened to hear that our resort did not live up to your expectations, and we sincerely apologize for any discomfort you have experienced.

We hosts hundreds of guests each week most of whom are very satisfied with our All Inclusive options, and we are certainly sorry if this was not the case in your instance.

While we appreciate your consideration, we do not feel this review accurately depicts our service standards. We thank you for your time, and hope you will grant us the opportunity to demonstrate our sincere commitment to guest satisfaction during your stay with us in beautiful Antigua.

Warm regards,

St. James’s Club, Antigua
Staff & Management

Reviewed 8 December 2018 via mobile

Our 13th consecutive year at St James.
A great relaxing holiday.
Food was excellent & the new coffee shop a nice addition
The main bar by reception is still a disappointment & not welcoming but Docksiders is fine although closes around 11.
Also, the surcharge for Picolo Mondos Restaurant at $75 per couple is steep & probably not worth it.
The overall facilities are still very good & the resort is clean with high standards.
Will return & happy to recommend

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank 479neilk
Reviewed 8 December 2018 via mobile

We recently returned from St. James’s Club where we spent two weeks enjoying the beautiful sunshine. We had a great time and were glad we had returned to Antigua where people are proud of their country and most staff did their best to see we were happy. It was surprising how many staff asked us if we were enjoying our stay.
We stayed at the Royal Suites which is an adult only section on the property. Our room was large, nicely furnished and clean. We were welcomed with flowers decorating the very large bathroom and a chilled bottle of champagne. Thanks, SJC! We were on the ground floor and had a lovely view of the bay and the small dock. The only time we heard noise from another unit was a water noise from showering. There are two small pools for adults in the Royal section and we spent many happy hours beside the waterfall pool. Thanks to Rushell for her pleasant nature as she looked after us with drinks and even potato chips on a few afternoons.
Some afternoons, we spent time at the Mamora Beach. It was quiet and shady with many lounges available. For a light lunch, we enjoyed fish sandwiches or salads from the beachside barbecue. They also had turkey, veggie and regular burgers and veggie and regular hot dogs. There were many choices for toppings. In a very small space, some simple but yummy food was cooked.
In the morning, I enjoyed the 8:30 stretch and pilates classes and after a quick breakfast, we would head to the main pool for water aerobics. The SJC activity staff rotated as instructors so each day it was a little different. All of the instructors did a great job. There were other activities offered throughout the day but we did not take advantage of those. It was our time to soak up the sun.
Although Antigua is a small island, the chefs were able to provide large buffets of food each day. We thought the food was quite good and we enjoyed how it was presented and tasted. We had breakfast every morning at the Rainbow Room and you could load up your plate with a variety of foods or have a simple breakfast of cereal, yogurt and fruit. My husband enjoyed the omelette station and each day an omelette was featured or you could choose your own ingredients. If you’d like poached eggs on toast, those could be ordered from your server. They were always perfect. At lunchtime, the Rainbow offered another huge array of foods. I’m not too partial to buffets so when there, I took advantage of the grilled paninis where you selected your ingredients. We also tried Eleven/11 for lunch and their food was very good. I especially enjoyed their veggie burger.
For dinner, we usually went to Rainbow and we enjoyed Seafood Night and French Night each week. We especially enjoyed when Arianne Whyte sang as she has a fabulous voice. What a treat! Thanks especially to Whitney, Pearl and Jorrell for their attention to detail and for providing excellent service with a smile. At dinner, a menu was available. Some evenings we dined at Docksider and this restaurant has a beautiful setting and it was always buffet style. My hubby enjoys buffets and the British meal with roast beef, Yorkshire pudding, potatoes, gravy, and bread pudding was his favourite. They also served chicken and a lovely mahi-mahi that night. Once again, each night was based on a theme and there was lots of food! Vegetarian dishes were labeled. Musical groups performed each night at Docksider in a bar area that was off to the side and it was usually full. Both of these restaurants offered el fresco dining and when you’re from Canada, well, that’s a treat!
On two evenings we went to Picolo Mondo for the dinner with an upcharge. We enjoyed our meals, the ambience and service.
The coffee shop is a great place and is well located in the middle of the resort. If you like a fancy coffee, go there. The desserts are made on site and are beautiful! I was partial to the oatmeal cookies.
Non motorized water sports are included in your all inclusive package and they had lots to choose from. Thanks to Shaquille for the Hobie cat rides and encouraging me to try the funny stand up bicycle surfboard ride! We also enjoyed taking out a kayak.
The bay was a busy but very peaceful spot to relax, including floating in a yellow ring.....ahhhh.
Thanks to The SJC staff for a great holiday! We would not hesitate to return.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank MiztyOne
Reviewed 7 December 2018 via mobile

I want to do (yet another) shout out to the amaaaazing St. James Club in sunny Antigua!

I was there two weeks ago, to honour my fathers life. He lived in Antigua and passed away in June. I reached out to them to discuss a Celebration of Life and they were more than happy to accommodate.

I cannot imagine a better ceremony, with about 50 people in attendance. There were laughs and tears and some wonderful stories and I owe this of the kindness, empathy and professionalism of the owners, executives and staff of St. James Club.

I can confidently speak to the beautiful grounds, the amazing people, the wonderful food and the fantastic accommodations and amenities, but I’m sure you can read plenty about that in others comments.

This is just to say thank you so very much st. James for helping my family give my dad the exact send-off he wanted and deserved!

I miss you dad!