“Lovely lunch”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

We often go to La Barbacane at lunchtime when staying in the area. We have always had good food and this time was no exception. I had a lovely salad and my husband's duck dish was superb. A great setting and friendly service.

Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

Had lunch here. Had the most beautiful salad with chicken, egg and potatoes. Husband ordered a seafood pizza. Food was lovely and service by staff very pleasant. Understood English luckily as our French very poor!!!

Reviewed 21 June 2017

We were staying in a nearby hotel so came here to eat our evening meal. The place was busy and the young waitresses seemed to be struggling, there did not appear to be any coordination or organised approach to the service. Their English was also very limited. My husband ordered a pizza which was ok, but my chicken salad was awful. It consisted of a dish of green salad, a couple of tomatoes, chopped potatoes, a cold egg and some very tired cold pieces of chicken which were very suspect & stringy. For dessert we ordered 2 scoops of icecream each but received 2 scoops of icecrem to share. We didn't bother with coffee. A disappointing experience.

Reviewed 15 June 2017

We arrived at La Barbacane after an absolutely horrendous morning. When we left, we were completely relaxed.

The staff are all incredibly polished and professional, real silver service here. The set menu is an absolute bargain, 3 courses including amuse bouche, wine and coffee. The flavours were subtle and delicate, the wine excellent.

Unfortunately we only had one day in Carcasonne, otherwise I certainly would have returned here. One of the best value and overall best meals I had in France.

Reviewed 24 January 2017

I'm not the biggest pizza fan in the world but this was delicious - very impressed with the quality of the ingredients and the amount of topping. Staff very friendly and a nice wine to go with it. Not the cheapest but I think this is an expensive part of France. Would definately go back.