All reviewsfor sunday lunchlovely hotelwedding venuefull englishsmall hotelbirthday partywedding receptionfrom start to finishdance floorpower showerrecommend this hotelbusiness meetingwedding breakfastcooked to perfectiongood sizeset menucouldn't do enough
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for one night as my husband was working in Manchester for the week and I had a meeting also there for one of those days. The room was clean and inviting and the only downfall was the pillows - didn’t sleep well at all - too firm/hard. Would definitely stay again. Husband highly recommends it - he stays there regularly.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Malttaylors99
RedHall B, Front Office Manager at Red Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Dear Madam,

Thank you for taking the time out to review your recent stay here at The Red Hall Hotel.

I will certainly pass your comments on regarding our pillows to the Head Housekeeper and also to the Operations Manager.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention & We hope to welcome you back to The Red Hall Hotel again soon.

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

I can only presume there's been a change in the kitchen since the last time I ate here, which was back in march. The food is extremely good. I had the steak pie, which was the best I'd ever eaten. I followed this with a lemon posset. Again, very very tasty. I travel a lot with work and it's a real joy to find a venue that I actually look forward to eating at. Can't wait to return. Keep up the good work chef!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank mattyrob74

Dear Sir,

We are delighted to hear your very positive review with regards to Oscar's Restaurant and Bar. We will ensure your comments are passed over to our Head Chef!

Thank you & we shall look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

This is actually a nice place and a popular wedding venue, but with one Big problem - terribly thin walls with zero sound insulation. Half-drunk couples arguing at all hours seems to be the norm. They obviously know the problem at reception and do their best to warn you at check-in.

I would have still given this 3 or 4 stars as it was a comfy room with nice views, well-equipped with great bath and shower, and I appreciate that hotels can't choose their guests. However... on the final day of my stay I was woken early by drilling and hammering in the next room! Yes, the hotel with the world's worst soundproofing started loud maintenence work at about 8.20am, which I found totally unacceptable and just outright disrespectful to be honest.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Mark B
RedHall B, Front Office Manager at Red Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Dear Sir,

We sincerely apologise your stay at The Red Hall Hotel was interrupted by loud guests. As you state in your review we are a very popular wedding venue and we do our up most best to keep the noise to a minimum. We do have a night porter on duty throughout the evening and we ask that if any guests need assistance to contact & we can defuse the situation and ensure you have a pleasant stay with us.

If you do choose to stay with us again, please bare in mind that a member of staff is on duty on reception 24 hours a day.

This being said, I'm pleased you liked the decor of the hotel & we apologise regarding the maintenance work being done - This comment will be passed over to the management team.

I hope we see you again soon, to show you aspects of your review are not the normal standards for The Red Hall Hotel.

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

I stay at The Red Hall regularly and can thoroughly recommend it as a great place to visit.

The rooms are clean and well maintained and the restaurant offers plenty of variety, with the breakfast particularly nice.

There is always plenty of parking for guests and it is also a great venue for functions or business meetings.

The hotel's best asset is the friendly and efficient staff who are always happy to oblige with any help you might need. Chelsea on reception is a great ambassador for the hotel.

The free wifi is good in all rooms and there are lifts available for disabled guests.

The only bad point I have is that they start putting up Christmas decorations way too early!

If you're looking for a hotel close to Manchester at a reasonable cost then this is a great alternative to the Premier Inns of the world.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear Dave,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your second home!

We fully appreciate your comments and of course we love welcoming you and your team here with us every week.

...And thank you for the mention!

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

I visited with my other half for a meal. We throughly enjoyed our visit, the place looked wonderful, the food was Incredible, the chef is very talented and we will 100% be back due to the food. AMAZING will definitely recommend here to family and friends for a meal!!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear Sir,

We are delighted that you and your partner enjoyed your recent visit to Oscar's Restaurant and bar.

I will pass over your comments to the team & we hope to welcome you back again soon.