All reviews for sunday lunch birthday party lovely hotel small hotel full english wedding venue wedding reception recommend this hotel dance floor from start to finish power shower business meeting wedding breakfast set menu cooked to perfection good size couldn't do enough
Reviewed 3 October 2015 via mobile

Stayed here for a wedding room was spotless really nice hotel with good bathroom products and the tea set in the room was really good had lots of different teas coffees and hot chocolate with some nice biscuits.staff where friendly the food at the wedding reception was of Hugh quality and really nice would highly recommend this hotel

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
RedHall B, Front Office Manager at Red Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2015

Dear DanielT,

Thank you for your lovely review. The housekeeping team were so happy to hear that you found the room to be so lovely & that you particularly liked their new hospitality boxes (a lot of thought went in to them!).

We hope that you will be able to return for a visit in the future - perhaps for a stay and a meal in Oscar's Restaurant?

Reviewed 3 October 2015

My wife and I had a fantastic evening there last night, so much so that I couldn't wait to write my review today.
Firstly, the staff and service were absolutely wonderful (polite, kind, happy, smart and very attentive to our preferences and needs without being 'over bearing'). The menu was very good with lots of options, and the food itself was first class, the food presentation was excellent. Although this time it was just my wife and I we will in the future be taking our family and friends - I'm looking forward to them enjoying it also.

Date of stay: October 2015

Dear 562014Frank,

We are so delighted that you enjoyed your evening at the Red Hall Hotel & Oscar's Restaurant. The kitchen brigade and restaurant team are truly passionate about delivering the very best food & service possible.

We would really love to welcome you back to the hotel again with your friends & family and look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 28 September 2015

Check in was nice & easy..polite staff.. happy to help.. Clean room. stunning hotel and grounds.. lovely bathroom and huge bed... shower could of been bit stronger not much pressure however bath filled in seconds...... easy to find ... no complaint.. cheap price would 100% recommend

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
RedHall B, Front Office Manager at Red Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2015

Dear Sophieltw,

Thank you so much for your glowing review. We do our absolute best to ensure that the hotel is presented to the highest standard possible and it's great to hear that it hasn't gone unnoticed. I hope we can look forward to your return at some point in the future - perhaps for a meal in Oscar's?

Be sure to like us on Facebook to receive news of all our latest deals.

Reviewed 27 September 2015

The people on reception were friendly which was nice after a difficult six hour journey. The room was spotless and the power shower was top notch.Our room was on the ground floor which overlooked the car park. I left my husband in the room to rest while I went for a walk.I asked at reception where I could go for a stroll as I was unfamiliar with the area. Rather than risk life and limb crossing the busy road I did a tour of the car park and pleasant gardens. The Red Hall Hotel is obviously a popular for a range of events. It was just bad timing that we were there when a more happy event in the way of a wedding arrived. The evening meal was nice and so was the breakfast. Our sleep was disturbed by late arrivals. Doors were banging at 3am. Soft closing doors would be a good idea. We had arranged for afternoon tea so that the funeral party could get together. The food and service was good and well presented. The evening meal was good apart from a salad being served on a hot plate. The breakfast was good and unrushed.I appreciate that hotels are for multiple use, it's just on this occasion I was hoping for something more relaxing.

Room tip: Ask for a room which is not overlooking the car park
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear KarenKen2014,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Red Hall Hotel. It is such a shame that your visit wasn't under happier circumstances but I was pleased to note that you found the Reception Team to be so friendly & welcoming. The Kitchen Brigade & Oscar's Team were also delighted to note that you enjoyed the food and service in the restaurant. With regards to the noise issue you encountered - we do our utmost best to request that those going back to their rooms late at night do so with as much consideration for other guests as possible. However, sadly this does not translate 100% of the time and so we are looking into replacing the bedroom door closures with ones that have a softer sound. Your feedback on the warm salad plate has also been passed on to the head chef so that he reaffirm procedures with his team.

The Red Hall Hotel has 3 separate function rooms as well as Oscar's Restaurant & Bar. This gives us a great amount of scope to cater for several parties on the same day. The functions are private in their own rooms but, of course, guests are likely to come into contact with each other in the hotel public areas. We do our best to ensure that these areas remain as neutral as possible & that all of our guests have the best possible experience.

I hope that you will visit us again when you are next in the area

Reviewed 26 September 2015

We stayed here for 2 nights with a Groupon deal. The staff couldn't have been more helpful-it was for my boyfriend's birthday and the receptionist kindly put up some balloons in advance of our stay and the restaurant staff were lovely, particularly Charles who seemed to work such long hours that we wondered if he actually lived there!
The restaurant was beautiful-our afternoon tea on arrival was scrumptious (confirmed by an elderly lady who commended us on eating it all and said she didn't know how we had managed it!). We had an evening meal whilst there and that was great too, although the staff started setting up for breakfast while we were still eating which felt a little strange.
The hotel room was lovely-very clean and with a gorgeous view and a comfy bed. The only slight issue with it was the thin walls-we could hear people talking and watching TV in the room next to us very clearly.
The location was very good, with some lovely places to visit nearby such as Ramsbottom. We also managed to end up on the dance floor of a lovely couple celebrating their wedding there too..! All in all, it was a delightful stay and we would definitely return if we were in the North West again.

Date of stay: August 2015
1  Thank Flamegirl1982
RedHall B, Front Office Manager at Red Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2015

Dear Flamegirl1982,

We really enjoyed having you both in the hotel & are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. However, you really have set the bar high in your relationship for birthday presents now!!! We would, of course, be delighted to welcome you back any time & will always match any offer you see online (we often run Facebook Flash Deals so do keep an eye out). However, don't forget our big sister, the Abbey House Hotel & Gardens in Cumbria, if you do fancy a change of scene.