“Enjoyable visit with toddler”
Review of Hunter Valley Zoo

Hunter Valley Zoo
Ranked #1 of 8 things to do in Nulkaba
More attraction details
Owner description: Hunter Valley Zoo is a private run zoo supported by its local families and business'. Set among the beautiful Hunter Valley it has 10 acres of land with everything from Native Australian animals to exotic animals such as monkeys and meerkats. Hunter Valley Zoo has picnic areas and free BBQ facilities so come and make it a family day out. We have special feed bags which can be used to feed our farmyard animals and our walkthrough kangaroo and bird aviary. Want something more? Hunter Valley Zoo now have encounters with Meerkats and Marmoset Monkeys and a species sponsor option. Visit our website or call us for more information.
Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

Went to the zoo with expectations of staying for an hour or so and stayed for most of the day. Entrance for adults was $29 a head under 2 is free.

Shows with animals seem to start at 10am which i recommend, in particular the lion show which was about 11am on Sunday.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

The owners have clearly spent time and money on this zoo, which has an amazing variety of animals and birds. Just the right size for Nana and Grandpa.

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Awesome little zoo that was very interactive. Staff were excellent and knowledgeable.
Stars of the show were the snuggly emu, Bruiser the Lion and the baby goats (all kept separately don't worry).

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

I recently had the absolute pleasure of taking an American friend to this gorgeous little zoo.

The beauty of this special place is the dedicated staff who love and care for the incredible array of animals.

Most of the animals have lived their lives in other zoos etc but are no longer able to reproduce and are in their twilight years.

The staff dedicate themselves to ensuring a beautiful retirement for these gorgeous creatures.

My friend loved the petting area and had the thrill of a lifetime getting up close to our national treasures in a mutually safe way. Emu, wallabies, kangaroos and even baby koalas and wombats were on show.

The albino wallabies are gorgeous and would obviously not have survived in the wild.

Not to mention non-natives: camels, lamas, ostrich, lions and cheetahs. The variety of monkey and bird is also incredible.

A beautifully simple zoo nestled not far from the Hunter Valley vineyards. Perfect!!

Reviewed 17 October 2017

My husband is at a conference this week so my eighteen month old daughter and I have tagged along too.

Looking for things to do whilst he is working that didn't involve wine took a bit of finding, but this zoo was an absolute gem.

As a few people have mentioned there is a dirt road to get there (under a ks worth) but I'm sure most peoples cars have seen a little dirt before... no biggie.

I took my daughter in her pram but pretty promptly took it back to the car. I could have taken it around but there really weren't too many other people on a Tuesday morning and with animals all over the place it was a perfect chance for her to roam freestyle and burn some energy.

She proceeded to play in the gravel...

Seriously though. A very laid back zoo with some awesome enclosures that you can walk right on through. There were patting and information sessions held throughout the day, we attended one where we got to pat a baby wombat. We were the only people at the session, excellent.

Plenty of tables to sit at for a rest stop to have something to eat and drink. Not an overly huge zoo, but I think that's part of it's charm. You could spend the morning here, have a picnic lunch, then head off with the kids worn out and sleeping on the way home.

At $29 for an adult with infants free of charge I feel I got my values worth. $5 for three bags of feed - would be good for the older kids. I got them but my daughter was really too young for this. She may have tried to eat it herself...

Thanks so much guys! A great visit!