“Excellent customer service”
Review of The Windmill

The Windmill
Price range: US$4 - US$20
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We stopped in here for brekky before our flight to Barcelona - pretty standard for a weatherspoons; airport-over-priced, but hearty breakfast fare. We were looked after by Gary, his charming, old-school customer service was fantastic, going above and beyond to make our experience special. A real diamond, rare to find in the service industry!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Fantastic service from this place, £14 for half a piri piri chicken with a pint is no more expensive than a Nandos so pretty impressive for an airport really. Food was pretty much instant and whole party was served within 10minutes. Mine was really tasty well seasoned and not dry at all.

michael w, Manager at The Windmill, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Daniel ,
Thank you so much for taking the time review us it is very much appreciated.
So refreshing to see that someone else has put things into perspective as far as the value for money is concerned , it can be a constant battle explaining the reason why being in an airport drives up the costs.
Nevertheless, I am more so pleased that you have highlighted the fantastic service, something that I keep banging on about that we do , I feel , better than anyone else at the airport.
Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Always my pot of call on the way out! New layout seems functional - but now over £13 firva breakfast with coffee is now eye watering! Leander and the familiar faces always professional and polite! Thank you......

Dear romeo017,
Thank you very much for taking the time to place a review much appreciated I'm glad that you visited us again.
Although I'm confused on a couple of points.
We haven't changed the layout since we reopened in our new location by the departure gates 3 years back , but I'm very happy you liked that it was functional.
We haven't changed our breakfast pricing for yonks either and we also now do free refills on our filter coffee, which nobody else does , which would bring the pricing down significantly, certainly well below £13 ?
Anyway I digress , your patronage is much appreciated and the comments regarding Leander's service is well deserved as is the service from the great team we have here.
Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We use this pub everytime we go to Stansted. It's alway very quick, there's always plenty of space and the staff are always friendly.

The food is as you would expect, its wetherspoons, but it's a great place to chill out before your flight!

Dear Becky ,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us very much appreciated.
Great to see that you are a regular here , goes to show that we are not a one trick pony and that service and standards are always good.
Hope you had a good flight.
See you again soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

What a Wetherspoons. Never known a tidy and speedy service spoons. Order through app and food brought to table. So convenient. If we’d known we wouldn’t be flying, would have been happy to stay

Dear S1m0nster ,
Thank you for taking the time to review us much appreciated.
Great review , a little miffed that we didn't get the 'golden 5 bubbles' as TripAdvisor like to call them now?
Do me a favour , let me know if there is anything we can do to improve upon the business, if as I hope, you visit us again, I am always pleased to hear how we can make things better in any way?