“Lunch”

The Red Lion
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 June 2017

The pub could do with a makeover especially the garden they are missing an opportunity I feel, the food was ok we had dogs with us so we had to go somewhere with a garden!!

Reviewed 1 May 2017

I had driven past the Red Lion on many occasions over the years but hadn't set foot in it until I was invited to a birthday party there. You have to drive around the block to access it but it was worth the little detour. The pub is lovely and very much old school. A roaring fire was there to welcome me. The choice of beers was excellent and the landlady was very friendly. I have been back twice since to attend their annual Adur Beer Festival. One of my favourite bands has been booked there regularly so although it's a long way from home I shall definitely be attending!

1  Thank Steve M
Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

Food very mediocre in my view. For a food establishment I thought it was a bit mucky to be honest. Beer was okay though shame really

Reviewed 11 April 2017

I used to frequent the Red Lion as a child , but until now could have only vouched for the garden and the Ginger Beer & crisps ! We had been allowed to use a room one end of the pub for our get together,,,which was great. The atmosphere was good and the price of a bottle of wine was very reasonable. We were going to order bar food, but we missed the deadline chatting so much.

1  Thank SussexMartina
Reviewed 31 March 2017

Had such a lovely steak meal with my husband mid week. We were made to feel welcome from the moment we came in and were helped with menu choices/advised of specials.

Food was amazing – fresh, tasty and well presented - portion sizes were very good value – we rolled out of there!

Lovely staff – really nice place. Thank you, we will be back.