“Charming very old Pub!”

The Red Lion
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 May 2017

I had driven past the Red Lion on many occasions over the years but hadn't set foot in it until I was invited to a birthday party there. You have to drive around the block to access it but it was worth the little detour. The pub is lovely and very much old school. A roaring fire was there to welcome me. The choice of beers was excellent and the landlady was very friendly. I have been back twice since to attend their annual Adur Beer Festival. One of my favourite bands has been booked there regularly so although it's a long way from home I shall definitely be attending!

Date of visit: April 2017
1  Thank Steve M

Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

Food very mediocre in my view. For a food establishment I thought it was a bit mucky to be honest. Beer was okay though shame really

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 11 April 2017

I used to frequent the Red Lion as a child , but until now could have only vouched for the garden and the Ginger Beer & crisps ! We had been allowed to use a room one end of the pub for our get together,,,which was great. The atmosphere was good and the price of a bottle of wine was very reasonable. We were going to order bar food, but we missed the deadline chatting so much.

Date of visit: October 2016
1  Thank SussexMartina
Reviewed 31 March 2017

Had such a lovely steak meal with my husband mid week. We were made to feel welcome from the moment we came in and were helped with menu choices/advised of specials.

Food was amazing – fresh, tasty and well presented - portion sizes were very good value – we rolled out of there!

Lovely staff – really nice place. Thank you, we will be back.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 30 March 2017

Advertised as tapas, but nothing like. Tapas is not all deep fried, but tasty morsels of exciting flavours perhaps the "chef" has never had the real thing. Would be embarrassed to advertise it as such

Date of visit: March 2017