“Best language school around Mex city”

Adelita Spanish Language School
Book In Advance
More Info
US$10.00*
and up
Spanish Lessons in Guanajuato
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Private & Group Spanish Classes. We also offer Trimester & Semester Program available all-year-round. Cultural Immersion Program & Intensive Program. Spanish classes for children and online classes also available. Classes & Programs include (free): 1 tour around in the City + 1 salsa class + 1 English-Spanish Cultural-Linguistic exchange per week. No registration nor hidden fees. More than 5 classes per week and each study program also includes 1 workbook.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

From the moment I arrived to the minute I left (10 days later) I was in good hands. Rolando welcomed me at the station and had organised a host family for me. Considering I had only emailed him 3 days before, it was amazing. They put me every hour with another teacher that specialized in grammar or conversation. A schedule was handed out every say. I asked for homework and learned all the tenses. I even had a salsa lesson! Thank you Rolando, Fernando, Annie, Luis,Patricia, Brenda and Gaby. Miss you already.

ARolando, Propietario at Adelita Spanish Language School, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Dear Friend from Adelita:

On behalf of everyone at Adelita I would like to thank you for being with us and let us help you improve your Spanish skills. It has been our pleasure to provide everything we can to make your stay as comfortable and meaningful as you deserve it to be.

Also, from your teachers: Annie, Lucy, Patricia, Brenda and Gaby they'd like to encourage you to continue practicing and improving your Spanish. We'd also love for you to come back anytime soon.

Best and warm wishes.

"small community"
"excellent teachers"
"four hours"
in 2 reviews
"mexican history and culture"
"small group"
"great city"
"leon airport"
"extra curricular activities"
"learning fun"
"two hours"
"walking tour"

Reviewed 1 April 2018

I spent the first 3 weeks of March at Adelita. I found the instructors to be well-trained, prepared and engaging. I have attended other schools in Mexico, as well as Guatemala. I found the right amount of challenge at Adelita and the 4 hours/day of classes were well-paced and varied. Cooking classes at the school once a week and great. My homestay with Maria was a lovely experience and it was a privilege knowing her and her family. Only one or two negatives. My emails were not promptly answered and there was some confusion registering. Secondly, classroom are routinely rented as bedrooms. It seemed a bit unprofessional. Overall, I improved my Spanish and had a positive experience.

Dear Friend from Adelita,

Thank you very much for your kind words to our instructors. They are very happy that have helped you to make your experience with us meaningful along with your home stay and other Cultural activities.

My sincere apologies if we were unable to deliver a prompt response to your emails. However, I'd like to clarify that we do not routinely rent classrooms as bedrooms: by the time you stayed with us we didn't have any room available. But a former student who was coming back for the second time asked us to help her with accommodation. That's why we decided to provide her a room for the couple of weeks while she was going to study again with us.

Regardless of that, we'd like to thank you for your observations and comments because all of them are very important for us.

Saludos afectuosos, ojalá podamos tenerte de regreso otra vez.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

I had a terrific experience at Colegio Adelita, and highly recommend the program. I had only one week available to attend the school, but could have very happily extended my studies much longer. I am a complete beginner, and took two hours of private classes and one group class (only 2-3 students in the group) each morning. Both of my teachers, Gaby and Annie, were excellent. Classes started on time, and the lessons were clear and engaging. Las maestras were energetic, fun, and very supportive of my first foray into the language. I hope to return soon.

This is a small program that creates a welcoming environment. During the morning break between classes, the teachers, staff and students mix casually on the school’s deck overlooking the hills surrounding Guanajuato. The school’s director, Rolando, promptly responded to all my initial e-mail inquiries, and arranged my transportation to Guanajuato from the Leon airport for a very reasonable cost. Fernando, the school’s main administrator, leads a walking tour of the main sights of the city for newcomers every Monday afternoon. Don’t be concerned (as I was) that the school is slightly outside the city center; I stayed in a hotel near the Plaza de La Paz and thoroughly enjoyed my 20-minute walk to school each morning through the beautiful streets of Guanajuato and the nearby Mercado Embajadoras.

ARolando, Propietario at Adelita Spanish Language School, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Dear Friand from Adelita,

Thank you very much for your kind words sharing your thoughts and impressions about your learning, cultural and overall experience you had with us. On behalf of your teachers and everyone on Adelita's staff, I'd like to thank you for this and for the opportunity you gave us to assist you and leading you on your learning process.

We're looking forward for you to come back soon, hopefully with some guest! In the mid time, your teachers are sending good vibes (buena onda) encouraging you to continue practicing your Spanish on every opportunity you got.

Saludos afectuosos, que estés muy bien y ¡hasta pronto!

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

I studied at Adelita for 3 weeks and it was a great experience. My teachers were knowledgeable and pleasant. The school offers a flexible schedule which is great if you have other commitments while visiting Guanajuato.

1  Thank KMMex
ARolando, Propietario at Adelita Spanish Language School, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

Dear friend from Adelita,

Thank you very much for your visit and for your kind words. It has been our pleasure to have you with us during your time in Guanajuato.

Also, on behalf of your teachers and staff from Adelita, I'd like to thank you for allowing us to help your learning process and enrich your Cultural experience. We all hope you can continue improving your Spanish skills.

Saludos afectuosos de parte de tod@s en Colegio Adelita, te deseamos lo mejor y esperamos muy pronto poder volver a tenerte con nosotros... ¡hasta luego!

See more reviews
Reviewed 28 February 2018

I recently spent two weeks in intensive Spanish classes at Adelita, staying with a family and spending four hours a day in class. The instructors were great! Very personable and competent, all of them graduates of the school of languages at the University of Guanajuato. On the first day we established that my goal was communication in spoken Spanish. We addressed grammatical aspects of the language, but the emphasis was on speaking skills. They spoke slowly and pronounced words clearly and distinctly. The exercises and games we played made learning fun. They had me talking about pictures on my computer, asking me questions that forced me to use my limited vocabulary to explain the pictures. This approach was very effective; I quickly developed the ability to be understood, which was my main goal, with noticeable progress every day.
Guanajuato is a very pleasant city. The university and its students keep things lively. The whole environment feels conducive to learning. Adelita has activities on weekends, like a picnic at a scenic lake, and one evening a week there is a get-together in a local bar for sharing conversation over beverages.
I'm already thinking about another visit to Adelita and highly recommend the school. Personally I found the individual classes to be quite effective and would do that again.

1  Thank Lytle J
ARolando, Propietario at Adelita Spanish Language School, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2018

Dear Lytle,

Is with great pleasure that we hear one more time about you. On behalf of everyone at Adelita I would like to thank you for your kind words and recommendations.

Also, I would like to thank you for allowing us to help you improve your language skills, trusting in your teacher's guidance, their professional knowledge and their resources to assist you on achieving your learning goals.

We'll be definitely looking forward to have you back to Adelita anytime soon.

Mil gracias de todo corazón por las experiencias aprendidas y por tu excelente amistad.