All reviews beach club sister hotel golf course olive trees free shuttle heated pool private patio wine tasting beautiful surroundings gorgeous pool superb food our honeymoon stayed here for nights wonderful place hotel shuttle shuttle service hotel restaurant
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Call me a hard grader but I can’t give this hotel 5 Stars. Im giving it 3 to get your attention. We just left Rome and was happy to give The Portrait Roma 5 stars. But not this place. There are 5 star elements for sure but too may elements that are not and could easily be Fixed. For example I’ll let ineffective air conditioning slide since we are in a old hotel in southern Italy. But the bed and bedding are very disappointing and that is something that could easily be changed. Bed is hard and linens are second rate. Let’s face it we are here to spend the night. The light in the room is poor no windows that can be opened without privacy issues. Like a iron to take a wrinkle out of your shirt before dinner do you can look snappy, no luck. Pool area is nice but lounges are dirty. Shower marginal On the bright side the food and dining room service are great. Breakfast wonderful. The setting is beautiful. Some will love it I was disappointed.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2018

From the welcome of the staff and owner Vitorrio and wife Katja to the most amazing breakfast and restuarant, and staff at both hotels... Enzo at Masseria Torre Coccaro looked us me so well, and if you love cycling and in good shape he'll take you out on local long routes. If you are looking for a 'real' Masseria experience with the luxuary and service of a top hotel chain then you wont be disapointed.
The beech club and setting are a short ride away in a car, bike or the hotels free transfer which they are always on call for. The surrounding towns and villages, local restaurants and food expereiences are spectacular. Masseria Torre Maizza Masseria Coccaro are truley magical places. The Spa and sunset rooftop bar made it the perfect vacation for me. See you all next year. Back to Autumn in London now.

Room Tip: All a great !
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

Near the city of Fasano 4 kilometers away is the 5 stars masseria torre maizza.It is a very nice place,big with a very nice restaurant.We went there for a birthday party and they put us in the yard in a big table 20 m away from the nearest table....We had a “degustation” menu with 5 different wines (150€ per person).The food was excellent the wines was excellent and the stuff was very polite except the “sommelier “ ......and in that level (5 stars) the difference is in the details.......when your behavior is not the proper in your MOST EXPENSIVE TABLE (over 2000€ bill...) you must do something as an owner with your “sommelier “.....

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

My husband book this hotel for 5 nights for our babymoon, I am 7 months pregnant and I have a one year and a half daughter so we wanted to relax and find a kids friendly hotel but not too kids friendly so my husband decided to book this hotel.
From the pictures the hotel looks amazing but since the time we arrived I was sooo disappointed, I do think it is a beautiful hotel but Definitly NOT worth the money.
Here my positive and negatives notes:
Positive:
Beutiful countryside hotel/ romantic
Service is excelent and the staff are always so attentive and nice
Breakfast amazing
Free access to two beautiful beach clubs and the sister hotel (which is actually better choice)
The room are beutiful and spacious really comfortable

Negatives or not so good;
For that price I was expecting the hotel to be amazing and a 5 star experience and I didn’t get that.
We try the food at all the restaurants/ beach club/ swimming pool and it was good but not amazing compare with other food that we tried outside for half of the price.
Atmosphere: relax but sometimes too relax it was boring
There is not kids playground and from the pictures in the website it seems that there is one, well that one is located in the sister hotel which it was really frustrated because even though we had free access I book this hotel thinking they have one so the website is quite misleading.
Swimming pool just an average square swimming pool nothing amazing and not baby friendly.
Spa is super small nothing incredible neither

I think this is a hotel is nice if you golf or if you are older couple (50+)

You will also need a car if u want to go around and visit places because even though the hotel will offer a shuffle to the beach club or the sister hotel, you will be dependent on them.

Overall it was a nice experience but I felt that it was not worth it for the amount of money we paid. Sorry!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2018

This is our 3rd trip to Puglia, Italy with each trip more exciting and thrilling than the next.

We loved our stay at the Masseria Torre Maizza. From the moment we exchanged emails about our booking I knew we made a great choice. This is beautiful area in Puglia; olive trees everywhere, farms, beach and fragrant winds all added up to a relaxing vacation. Be sure to chose the breakfast option as you will love starting your day in their dinning room. They have a large pool with plenty of spaces to lounge, along with a small spa, golf and a short drive to the beach. At the beach you'll find chairs, umbrellas, and an incredible beachside restaurant.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple