All reviews his brother the bus low budget great place to stay quiet area visit chania location is great air con min walk samaria gorge george hostel beaches crete dorm fridge euro
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

I rate it 5 because it's very cheap for such a good location, just 2-3 minutes of walking to the beach. If you are looking for a place to crash at night, with clean sheets, towels (they change them every 3 days), air conditioning, kitchen equipped with vessel, dryer hangers for clothes, fridges with freezer. Be aware, there are no toiletries or hairdryers in the room, but then again, it's low budget. Non-smoking rooms, but all rooms have access to a terrace with chairs and tables. The staff is very helpful, they provide you a map at check-in and a lot of information about the activities you can do around, about the places to visit or taverns to eat/drink; good English speakers also. I went there with a large group of 14, they made a discount and let us use 3 rooms after check-out, free of charge, because our ride of the island was late in the evening. This made a huge deal for us, as we could enjoy the last day visiting far away beaches and other attractions and come back for showers and luggage. Would come back for sure. Thank you, George!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
George T, Owner at Niriis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Thank you so much for your positive review! We always try our best to keep our customers satisfied! It will be a pleasure to have you back in the future!

Reviewed 5 June 2018

Great value accommodation, minutes from Tavernas and beaches and just the right distance from the tourist crowds in Hania, but close enough for easy access.

Host George and his brother Peter go out of their way to be helpful and informative and are happy to help you plan your travel on Crete. We've returned once and will again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
George T, Owner at Niriis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Thank you so much for your positive review and we hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 4 June 2018

If you look for a place to stay and you don’t care about service, promptness, cleanliness, typical hotel amenities, then it’s okay for you.

For me and my friends it was an awful experience as we expected a hotel apartment stay and not ‘having a place to stay’ place. Management looked friendly but it appeared that they sole goal was to leave them alone or get your money. There is no default cleaning service, they is not equipment to clear your place by yourself, they don’t provide new towels (only if pay them 1 euro!), no new toilette paper (sorry girls), walls are so thin that you might think that you actually live with every tenant in the same room, in some rooms water has no pressure, you should be ready for stairs-only room access (no lift) and people walking right outside your window.

If I’m not wrong, it used to be okay but there was a change of management...

For an extra 4-8 euros you can get a descent hotel in the area

Room tip: Select a room in the back of the 2nd floor
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
George T, Owner at Niriis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

It’s a pity and we are sorry that you think that way and you did not talk to us to clarify your dissatisfaction, but prefer to leave a bad and bitter comment, and utterly a lie. Did you talk to your coach who stayed with us and other teammates? Because what you claim does not make sense and you have a different view of reality. You and your friends booked several apartments for two days, way cheaper than the daily price (27 euro the 2-bed room, 44 euro the 4-bed apartment per day, per room). I took extra staff to make sure the rooms were ready when you came to check-in at 7:00 in the morning, and then allowed you to check out at 19:00 in the afternoon in most rooms, all this for free, I did not charge anything more although we were the cheapest hotel, and gave more discount to the price! Most rooms were cleaned the following day as the cleaner works in the morning, not afternoons. Normal check-in is at 14:00pm, check-out is at 11:00am. For staying two days usually requires little cleaning, except if you are coming frequently from the beach with sand. Equally the thick paper rolls we use are enough for 4-5 days, except if you use them for other cleaning purposes or when the paper was missing 2-3 times in a day (in one specific room!). We do not provide fresh towels every day, they are changed every two days and that is the practice of all hotels except 4 and 5 stars that we are not. Imagine if 10 rooms asked for new towels every day, we would need a larger storage space and simply cannot support such service. Water pressure is normal and if you had issues you should have told us then, because we have not noticed anything yet. You did not ask us where is the cleaning equipment as mops and brooms are publicly accessible by the side of the reception. We are accessible 24/7, just dial 100 from the room phone, as most of you contacted me and explained you in the 15 minute presentation when you checked in. Regarding the management, we own and manage Niriis hotel since 1994, it’s a family business and now the second generation manages the hotel. About the price, I would say that 35-40 euro is the minimum May stay, so for more than 10 you can find something better than us. Regarding your stay I have to mention a chair and two towel hangers that were broken and not mentioned by any of the room occupants or friends visiting, for which we requested no payment.
The only true statements in your comment is that we don’t have a lift and access is independent through stairs. Also correctly we have different type of rooms with garden view or normal 2-bed rooms with common corridor and balcony, which are all mentioned in our and every website. Again I would suggest to talk to your coach and other teammates because really what you say does not make sense.

Reviewed 31 May 2018

I stayed here for a few days as part of my trip to Chania (and Crete overall). The owner, George, was very helpful at check-in, providing me with a map of the area, suggestions for food and activities, and was able to sign me up for a trip to Samaria Gorge, which leaves no more than 200 meters from the hotel entrance. The beach is incredibly close as well, which was nice, since it is a quiet beach with few to no waves. My room was modern, clean, and had a kitchen, which was great considering the two grocery stores nearby. Highly recommend staying here!

• Trip type: Travelled solo
George T, Manager at Niriis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Thank you so much for your positive review! we always try to do our best to keep our customers satisfied and provide them all the information they need to have an unforgettable experience in our beautiful island! We hope to see you again

Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

I had a nice time there! The room was clean and tidy, the owner was very polite and helpful and the location perfect for walks by the beach! Prices are acceptable and definitely worth it!! If I will come back there,now I know a nice place to stay.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank speedfreak81
George T, Owner at Niriis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Thank you for your nice words! We are happy you had a nice stay at Niriis hotel! Looking forward to see you again in the future!