“Will stay there again, so much nicer than I expected” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
The Stanwick Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Stanwick
florakaty
“Will stay there again, so much nicer than I expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2011

We chose to stay here at it was just 3 miles from family. It was great. Clean, friendly, good breakfast, good room and excellent shower with masses of hot water. Obviously a place which is used for Christmas parties at this time of year, so be prepared for 100s of empty bottles being emptied into the the bin behind room 12 !! But over all an excellent stay. Just check that the person checking you in tells you the correct breakfast times. We missed it on our 2nd day but the staff handled it professionally and without demur.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Courtyardhotel54, Owner at The Stanwick Hotel, responded to this review, 2 January 2012
Woops! So sorry about the bottles. Yes we did have a lot of parties and I am sorry that we did not give you a room away from our banqueting suite. We should not have assumed that you were attending a party. I will reprimand the bar staff anyway as they know they should leave the bottles until the morning.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. I am so glad you enjoyed the rest of your stay.

Jo Bates (Owner)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2011

Stayed 2 nights for a family wedding and stopped in the 'Chalet' style rooms. Large room, vey clean, good storage, very comfortable bed and very spacious wet room. Lovely setting, ample on site car parking.
Excellent choice at breakfast. We had use of the venue on the night before the wedding & both families gathered, had a meal & got to know each other.
Food and service on the night before & wedding reception were excellent.
Family Bar B Que was laid on the day after the wedding and the same quality of catering and service were evident.
The owners allowed us to have a Bouncy Castle to entertain the younger ones.
The staff were very helpful and attentive.
An ideal venue for our Family gathering.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Courtyardhotel54, Owner at The Stanwick Hotel, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Thank you so much for showing your appreciation. It means a lot to Team Courtyard.
Northants
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2011

I returned to The Courtyard for the first time since my wedding two years ago to enjoy a family birthday celebration. The Venue itself has changed dramatically since I last saw it with the removal of the marquee and the new entertainment building having been built. As pretty as it still is I can't help feeling that some of the initial charm and character has been lost to make way for a money making venture. Still, I was delighted that the food was as fantastic as it had been at my wedding. The chefs are certainly top quality and clearly cope with the rising number of visitors. I must say I was very suprised to see the previous Manager walking behind the bar who many previous reviews had commented was so disorganised and unhelpful - has this now changed? My only gripe in regards to our visit was that I stumbled across a pile of advertising leaflets for weddings at the courtyard with my photo on the front of it. No one has ever approached me to ask if I am happy for this to happen and I do feel slightly annoyed that nobody thought it necessary to ask for permission. I mentioned this to a friend who had also had her wedding at the courtyard and she pointed out that photos are also put on the company website without permission, including a photo from her own wedding where some of the guests children can be seen in it. I have chosen to write this review not out of cristicsm for the courtyard as I still regard it with much fondness, but more as a warning to future brides to be and party organisers who may not wish to have photos of their special day made available for all to see!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank LCD1
HotelierStanwick, Owner at The Stanwick Hotel, responded to this review, 5 October 2011
Lisa we are so sorry that your beautiful photographs had not been sanctioned by you. We take care to ask permission especially now with most of the weddings going on Facebook. I have also removed your pictures from the web site. The brochures are now out of date and I have removed them all

I am glad you enjoyed your last visit to us and I will be more than happy to offer you and Martin a meal on the house as a token of our apology.

The marquee went because we had issues with the neighbours who alleged they could hear the music so we had to build a sound proof room. Once Reflections was completed the brides preferred the larger air conditioned room to the marquee and it became redundant so we disposed of it earlier this year. There is still plenty of room if a bride wants to hire a marquee but we can't play music after 11pm in it.

I hope you are both well and happy and thank you for pointing out the error.

Kind regards

Jo Bates
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2011

My wife and I married at The Courtyard in early August 2011 and can honestly say our day exceeded both our expectations and those of our 120 guests.
We can't recommend enough the fantastic management team with an eye for detail that made our day so incredible.
If you are searching for a venue for your special day and are after a relaxed, intimate setting with unbelievably flexible staff, search no more. Thank you all so much.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sam_Han
Leeds, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

I stayed recently at the Courtyard with my husband & my parents in order to go to a party in a neighboring village.

The grounds to the hotel were lovely. We stayed in the contemporary rooms which are accessed from outside like a motel. This was very convenient for my mother.

The rooms were very clean and nicely decorated. Breakfast was good. My only negatives would be that our room was very small compared to my parents, theirs was huge, and both at the same price and that there was a green light that stated on all night.

Overall a pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stanwick
10.4 km away
10.6 km away
Ibis Wellingborough
Ibis Wellingborough
#2 of 4 in Wellingborough

Been to The Stanwick Hotel? Share your experiences!