All reviewscastello dibeautiful settingremote locationmain buildinggreat value for moneyamazing placecastlesanrestaurantcourtyardarchitecturemilandriveshopsfurniturevenuechoices
Reviewed 25 November 2017

We've fall in love with the castle, furniture and the property! The restaurant was good, breakfast also, very nice garden, surrounding and buildings.
The dinner was amazing and the waiter absolutely unforgettable.
A liitle bit annoying, was the church's bell, that started at 6:30 each morning! I think this will be one of the real problems of the property:)

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2017

I chose to stay in the old castle. I was studying architecture. It was a 35 minute trip to Milano and the Fiera. There is a new section added onto the old castle,which is great. There is an indoor pool and a good gym. There is a good restaurant. The staff was wonderful.

Room Tip: If you don't need to be downtown Milano, this is a great location to visit Lombardy and Emilia Romagna
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

Il Castello di San Gaudenzio is a unique hotel set in a converted castle set in pretty, rural surroundings. Inside you'll find many of the original rooms and decor preserved including many historical pieces. The hotel is quite remote with no shops or restaurants within walking distance.

We went as a family and stayed in one of the best rooms in the main building with a balcony, it was large and airy if slightly dated. The breakfast dining area is not in the main restaurant but on the opposite side of the courtyard, its small but perfectly adequate and well stocked, we always enjoyed breakfast.

The restaurant was a bit of a let down, a limited meat-orientated menu with little in the way of vegetables and no salads. The food was good enough but not worth the price... there are better places to eat if you're willing to travel out.

Overall we enjoyed our unique stay and will be back.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 September 2016

Fantastic venue with lots of charm. It's really a castle rather than a hotel. Great food and service, and perfect if you want to experience peace and quiet. Great value for money as well, would definately return

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

Our friends decided to get marry there. So we were all invited to Castello. Otherwise I would probably even havent found it. But obviously it is a strategy of the hotel to organize big parties, marriages. Th castle is really looking like a castle . it is old and I if I believed in ghosts I would think that this is a place for them to live )))))). The territory is big and veeeery beatiful. I would marry there also.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family