All reviews castello di beautiful setting remote location main building great value for money amazing place castle san restaurant courtyard architecture milan drive shops furniture venue choices
Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

Castle in the middle of nowhere. Bellisimo. Only drawback is bathrooms are small. Need driver to go anywhere. 16th and 17th century decor quite stunning. Pool opens to outside. Service is great. Food is very good. Veal knuckle superb cooked perfectly

Stayed: June 2016
Reviewed 12 April 2016 via mobile

I only stayed one night here as the location where I was due to attend an event was full. Lucky me! The building combines ancient and modern. The gardens are exquisite and my room had a small balcony overlooking the ancient fountain. The bedroom was opulent with gold taps and silk panelled doors. Apparently a popular wedding venue (with its own chapel), and I can see why.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank 1412AJO
Reviewed 25 January 2016 via mobile

I visited for business , great place great small castle , very atmospheric , good for relaxing and for going back several hundreds of years . Walls , decoration , gardens , everything look old and warm
I recommend it for some few days of cooling down with good company

Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank StanStoE
Reviewed 21 December 2015

This hotel is beatifull of its atmosfere. Rooms equiped by old furniture with good conditions. Little problem with swtting up of temperature in room. Pool is not heated throught autum, temperature arroud 20°C. Small part for breakfast. Long distance between reception (entry/exit) and rooms.

Room Tip: Sometimes events on garden (wedding,...)
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Mi K
Reviewed 23 November 2015

To set the scene I stayed here in mid-November as part of a corporate event that was based in the hotel and using the nearby Circuit Tazio Nuvolari. We arrived in the middle of the day during a period of fog. The whole area was subdued and not a little eerie as a consequence.

On arrival we were met at Reception by the friendly staff who checked us in quickly and showed us to our rooms. It is an imposing and impressive hotel set in secluded grounds, with the weather giving it a slightly spooky atmosphere, enhanced by the total lack of guests (we were the first to arrive and had the whole hotel booked). Walking along the stone corridors, lined with suits of armour, one couldn't help but be reminded of scenes from Scooby-Doo!

I was staying in one of the older rooms, in the house itself (as opposed to newer rooms in adjoining buildings). My room had an enormously high ceiling, full-length curtains, a comfortable bed and large bathroom. It was nicely enough decorated and was clean. There was a Sky box and TV for entertainment (using the local Sky Italia services).

I had a simple pasta lunch, which was lovely but again, sat alone in a large, oak-beamed restaurant was not a little imposing. The staff were attentive and the food was nice.

Breakfast was adequate - perhaps not as wide a selection as expected but enough to offer something suitable. The dinner we had for the large group was excellent though.

The free wifi was just about fast enough to handle a Facetime video call, with a little jerking and pausing but no loss of connection.

It is around 5 minutes' drive from the Circuit Tazio Nuvolari, which was very useful.

Overall it was certainly a very atmospheric hotel and I imagine that in the summer and autumn with some activity in the grounds and the buzz of guests it would come alive and be stunning. As it was I actually enjoyed the slight eeriness and it was certainly very good value and handy for our needs.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business