All reviews nice large room clean rooms musty balcony bridge
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

A last minute family booking as we passed through town. The family room on the bottom floor was a bit musty on arrival, and although the old decor was very dated, it was very neat and tidy. The staff were very friendly. The pillows were like rocks, and the mattress felt like the springs were poking through...probably both due for replacement. We ate at Blackies restaurant, and after a wait that was too long, the meal was good, although the pork belly was more like a soggy microwaved pork chop to me and was a bit overpriced in my opinion.
Overall a satisfactory experience, but I would probably look elsewhere if looking to stay in Tuncurry again.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

2 of us passing through wanted single rooms but opted for the 2 bedroom flat (unit 23). It was a great option out the back of the complex & was charged at the family room rate of about $142/ night, which was much cheaper than 2 single rooms.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Absolutely love this place. So casual so relaxing no frills lovely owners. Rooms are spotless and probably the same style as when i used to come here aa a child .upstairs balcony room looking over the water and bridge is unbeatable.restaurant is exceptional. Park the car and can walk everywhere. 4th stay and definately wont be the last.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2017

Many of the reviews for this motel talk about the place being dated. That is true. The building is not up to modern standards and isn't attractive. The owners are trying to develop the site so not much will happen in the short term.

Despite the appearance, I had a very good stay at this motel.

What the place lacks in ambiance is made up for by the service. The motel is owned and operated by a couple who have been in the motel business a long time. If you take the trouble to reach out, you will quickly be greeted by name. I much prefer staying somewhere I can develop a relationship with the operators. You will leave here feeling you have made a friend.

Although dated, the rooms are in good condition. Everything works and is spotlessly clean. Everyday the room looked perfect again. My room was a little musty when entering after an absence however a few minutes of the aircon fixed that. The bed was comfortable, the hot water always worked (even upmarket motels can fail here) and the bathroom big enough for comfort. I had one of the ground floor rooms. I cannot comment on the first floor rooms.

I was busy so needed breakfast in my room. You are better off making your own toast in the room with the bread supplied for delivered toast is never great. What surprised me was the eggs (I ordered poached and scrambled) were hot and properly cooked.

The manner in which I was looked after by the couple operating the place was exemplary. No request was too hard. They went out of their way to make my stay pleasant.

The food in the dining room costs a little more than I expect in a motel like this however portions are generous and the chef competent. The menu is rather standard however the produce is good quality. Once again, the attentive service made the experience so much better.

I rated this motel as Very Good. I did so because I value personal service, responsiveness and relationship very highly. If you are on the sort of trip where the room is your night base, then this motel will be fine.

The real test is would I return on a business trip? The answer is yes. If you are looking for a resort experience then this is not for you.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 2 April 2017

We tried this motel as looked nice from the outside.The interior was quite spacious,but had a musty smell to them.Needed updating,as looking tired.Price was average for the size.Would we stay again?i don't think so.

Date of stay: April 2017