All reviewslavender festivalgrand oakgrovecottagesoapscaliforniafreeway
Reviewed 21 November 2015

The overall grounds are very large. There are some awesome spots to take photos.
The rooms are huge! They are dated, kind of Retro if you will.
We walked the grounds and saw several areas that were quiet and relaxing.
The lobby and restaurant make you feel like its years past and your not in hectic California.
Great value for the money.
I am looking forward to going back

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 September 2015

The place is not a luxurious resort for sure, but the surrounding nature, experience at the farm and very friendly staffs make up for it. Each room is very simple (no TV or anything, but they do have A/C in each room) as the theme of this organic farm is being "Green". During the weekends in June, they have Lavender festival where you can enjoy many small venders and events like wagon ride, petting zoo, live music, etc.. It is noteworthy that their restaurant is excellent. I was told that Anthony Bourdain had a meal there and praised very highly of the meal and the experience there.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank Gaspard_de_la_nuit
Reviewed 22 August 2015 via mobile

We attended the event on Saturday afternoon and purchased a couple of beers from local breweries that tasted good. We then ordered two roasted corns and sausage. The food tasted average and they offered no butter or other seasons for the corn! The price was high for what you get. The shuttle service to take you there was complamentary and nice.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2015

I was really happily anticipating my visit to Highland Springs resort. It was close to where I was going and I always liked the grounds. However I was sadly disappointed with the rooms. I called in advance for a room with two adults and three children to ensure they had a room of that size. They put me in the 800s their largest room and said there were two queen beds and a sofa which could be slept on. Sounded fine to me has the kids were small. We arrived late around six or 7 PM .Unfortunately the room with the sofa had not been cleaned. The second room they showed me had a bench with a Cushion,that would not do. Finally room three suited us and was clean. The management was more than apologetic and comped me a full day. No complaints for that. However the room although clean and freshly painted had the linoleum in the bathroom coming up at the threshold which I consistently tripped over. For safety sake this should be fixed. I would also recommend to the management that if it's a large group you should mention that the bathrooms are quite small and suggest that two rooms might be advisable. The continental breakfast was also a disappointment. It was not the quality but instead the maintenance of the area. I arrived at nine both days I was there and the coffee pot was mostly empty and the tables were not bussed. Yes if you asked someone would help you but I would prefer not to have to ask and just have someone check every 15 minutes or so. The grounds also have a lot of skunks. They are nice skunks But very unafraid of humans and came very close to one of our children. We're not afraid of them but didn't want to get sprayed. The grounds are very beautiful with lots of unexpected little statues etc. I would love to go there during one of their events to see the grounds again.

Room Tip: The 800 rooms are large
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 February 2015

I used to think this was a beautiful resort. The restaurant was lovely. The service was impeccable. We had a family event (rehearsal dinner for a wedding) with 100 people at this venue, it was memorable. Unfortunately, our family will never use this venue again. Our father died recently and my sister drove out to the venue to make arrangements for a family dinner the weekend of the memorial service, buying edible lavender for each person who would be attending the dinner (30 people). The week just prior to the service we got a phone call from the reservations department at the resort. They were calling to confirm -- which we did. Only later did we discover that the reservation department had called to confirm a different date than originally arranged. It turns out they had a wedding reception booked AFTER we had already booked our family event. Apparently the wedding reception was going to prove to be a more lucrative, so they told us that we would only have a limited time in one of their "conference rooms," instead of the venue we had originally arranged. My sister was devastated and in tears. The resort people were completely unhelpful. Happily, we moved our event to a much better venue in Riverside, a historic venue, (apparently I'm not allowed to name the venue in this review, send me a message and I'll tell you about it), half the price, a gorgeous room, much better food than Highland Springs, thoughtful and wonderful service. We thumb our nose at you Highland Springs. Advice to anyone who tries to book an event at Highland Springs, GET IT IN WRITING. At least you can sue the jerks if they back out of a deal. This resort is also out in the middle of nowhere.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family