“Pleasant Place for a Drink in a Courtyard”
Review of Cantina

Cantina
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Sitting outside on a summer day in Tahoe with friends and family is an enjoyable experience here. While the food is no better than average, the area is a respite from the hustle and bustle of state line.

Reviewed 7 September 2018

We have been visiting the Cantina for years and always find its nice to have a place that's family friendly and some of my favorites are still no the menu I like the combination meals so you can select your to your liking with burrito & taco or many other options or just get their big more then you can eat big burrito meal. While I'm not into the bar eating it has one but I find its better to just go into dining room for our family.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

This used to be one of our favorite places to go to for great Margaritas and tasty Mexican food. They had a great bartender at one time but what we experienced recently was not good. We ordered specialty Margaritas and the inexperienced bartender used that bottled artificial tasting margarita mix to make the drinks. Blech! They brought us chips and salsa...the salsa was so bad it may have been directly out of a can. I've had jar salsas from the store that were good. THIS WAS REALLY BAD. So sad...we paid for our drinks ...and will not return. I will miss the nachos...but I just don't want to wash em down with bad drinks.

Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

We sat in the bar during happy hour getting a drink and waiting more than an hour to get the tacos that come with happy hour. The order was not that complicated, but they had problems in the kitchen. The food was okay, but the service was pathetic. I understand that they normally have much better service, but being my first time, I was not impressed.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

The service during our dinner was terrible. We were told that our party of 7 would have a 15 minute wait. We ended up waiting more than 30 minutes even though no one else was waiting and there were many tables open. They were not busy at all during this time. The food wasn't any better than the service. We were all disappointed with our meals and wished we had gone somewhere else.