“I'm very disappointed in the service we received”
Review of Whitehorse Fishway

Whitehorse Fishway
Ranked #13 of 56 things to do in Whitehorse
Fort St. John, Canada
“I'm very disappointed in the service we received”
Reviewed 1 September 2011

As a former Yukoner (for 25 years) I was pleased to take my granddaughter to the Yukon to see and experience the wonders it had to offer. While at the Fishladder, I ordered a hoodie for her so she would have a special keepsake from there. At the time there weren't any in in her size and the colour she wanted so we ordered one. I was told they would arrive a day or so before we were scheduled to leave. I told the gal I would make sure I got back to get it . She said she would make sure it was held for me. Well here comes the shocker! When I went to pick it up, one of the staff was given the hoodie. How disappointing for my graddaughter. I am disgusted to think that tourists would be treated in such a matter. I was also reassured that the manager would get hold of me via e-mail. That was on August 19th and today is Sept. 1. To date I have heard nothing from her. Do you think I should recommended that others visit this site-not in your life!When I lived in Whitethorse and other communities we were very aware of tourists requewsts and made sure that they were well taken care of. What has happened to the Yukon spirit?

Visited August 2011

Whitehorse, Canada
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“The fish run late July into August, but it's fascinating to visit anytime.”
Reviewed 11 May 2011

The longest wooded fish ladder in the world was built to guide salmon over the Whitehorse Electric Dam build across the Yukon River. The information provided at the facility is fantastic and there are plenty of fish viewing opportunities even if the salmon are not running because there is a small salmon fry tank set up inside, and other native fish species use the ladder. There are video cameras under water at the bottom of the ladder and a huge viewing tank that allows you to look into the ladder from the building.
Great staff and great program. Please donate!

Visited August 2010
Lakeland, Minnesota
193 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 368 helpful votes
“Fascinating Fish Ladder”
Reviewed 4 July 2010

While I knew the salmon would not be running while I was in Whitehorse, I stopped by the Fish Ladder anyway. It's quite extensive and impressive. A very knowledgeable university student was on site. Donation is $3.

1 Thank AdventureLass