“Mmmmmm!”

and up
Arctic Day: Yukon Wildlife and Hot Springs Tour
Ranked #8 of 59 things to do in Whitehorse
More attraction details
Owner description: Takhini Hot Springs offers a range of recreational activities in every season of the year. You can soak, swim and relax in the natural mineral waters of two connected hot pools. If you want to stay for the night, there is a separate wooded campground and easily accessible RV sites nearby (yukoncampgroun,com).You can see the rugged beauty of the land from a network of walking/x-country ski trails. Takhini Hot Springs is just 30 kilometres (18 miles) north of Whitehorse, about a 25-minute drive from downtown Whitehorse. Please bring your indoor footwear such as flip flops or crocs to wear in the change rooms. Please be advised that there are no kids after dark allowed in the pool! We hope you visit us!
Reviewed 4 February 2012

There is something very special sitting in a warm outdoor pool when its -20 degrees. The snow made the surrounding area very pretty. There was also a competition for the best photo of hair-cicles. (Hair frozen in the best way). Not being used to the temperatures of a Yukon winter, I was amazed by my hair turning white by the cold. The changing facilities aren't great, but no worse than other outdoor swimming pools I have been to.

Reviewed 17 January 2012

Fabulous way to unwind...so easy, just bring your swimsuits, all else on hand. Brave the walk to the pools!!!

Reviewed 15 January 2012

The hot springs are kind of portioned out into a swimming pool where one section is warm and the other is pretty hot, which is good for families and everything. However, I don't really like the idea of going to a hot springs to hang out in a pool. Still, everything is much, much better than it was a few years back.
The staff were very friendly. The dressing rooms could use some work, but they aren't bad either.

1  Thank YukonIrish
Reviewed 5 January 2012

On my last visit to Whitehorse, I went twice to the Takhini Hot Springs, just outside of the city. Takhini has two large pools, where you gather with friends, or sit quietly, taking in the waters.The changing facilities seem rustic at best, and when you exit, you are outside in the cold air, protected by a walkway leading to the pools. I was shivering and wondering what I had gotten myself into, when suddenly, I stepped down a few stairs into heavenly warm water. I swam around for a few minutes, luxuriating in the fact that it was minus 20 celsius in the air, but my swimsuit-clad body was warm and toasty in the water. I noticed that everyone was sitting on the other side of a stone wall in another pool, so I crossed the step that separated the two pools and the water was even hotter! My companion and I sat along the stone benches lining the walls, feeling warm and wonderful. The mist rising from the hot water left my hair full of water droplets that quickly froze, making us all look like we were wearing huge big, white wigs. My companion's beard froze, and although we were sporting frozen heads, it didn't cause us to feel cold at all. I love Takhini Hot Springs, and every Yukon visit will include visits there on every evening that they are open!

Reviewed 21 December 2011

After being on the Takhini River for a week, eating military rations and sleeping on the beach sites and just plain feeling grubby and very hungry, we were advised that the Takhini Hot Springs has food, we put in at the Trans-Canada Trail pull out of the river, and was told by a local its only 15 minutes up the road, so off we set - food in mind.
We walked about 1 1/2 hours and no restaurant anywhere. Thus, we hitch hiked with a local worker and he took us directly to the Takhini Hotsprings and oh my God, was this the most special treat of the Yukon. Only a few tables and it caters to fast food delivery but was it good, I don't think any of us had time to taste the food till the last bite, which took about 1 minute to finish. We talked about this for a week and decided to go back and have lunch there because we didn't know if we were just hungry or was the food that good. Well, the food was that good.

1  Thank FCFireConsulting