“Great Lunch Spot!”

Tastebuds
Ranked #8 of 18 Dessert in Saskatoon
Cuisines: Canadian
Reviewed 5 September 2015

A great place to go for a quick solo lunch, and catch up on the news in the paper!.
The daily soup and sandwich special is always good, but my favorite sandwiches are the tuna melt or chicken panini. Their reuben sandwich is also very good, but they don't seem to have it very often. Soups are all very good, but the chickpea and vegetable, which is my favorite, is very tasty and very healthy! I wish that they gave you crackers with the soup, so I wouldn't always have to ask for them.
All of their baking and deserts are very good, with my favorite being the bread pudding, warmed up!! Their baked in house cookies and muffins are some of the best you can find in Saskatoon!
Some reviews say that it is expensive, but I don't find an $11.50 lunch expensive.
It can be quite busy between 12-1, so it is better to go before 12 or after 1, so you don't wait so long in the ordering line, and you will be able to find a place to sit.
Two levels to sit inside and a patio outside, so you have choices where you can sit and eat.
Parking is all on the neighborhood streets around the restaurant.

Date of visit: September 2015

Reviewed 24 August 2015

Quit selling soup that is just milk, and nothing else….You served me a bowl of of dill milk with stale bread and no crackers which was all that I asked for….Ate here for years but whoever is running this now has regressed in a bad way….

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed 22 August 2015 via mobile

The food is very expensive for a wait in line to oder style cafe...not much seating and not a ton of smiles from management. ..but the food does taste very good.

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed 12 August 2015

I took a wrong turn driving in Saskatoon and happened upon this little gem! It had a variety of baking and some soups, but I just wanted ice cream!
I took my ice cream out on a beautiful patio and enjoyed it there! I imagine it's a place that serves mostly a local population, as it's on a residential street, a few blocks off Idlewyld Drive.
The service was good, clean washrooms, yummy ice cream, lovely flowers, can't ask for much more than that on a hot day!!

Date of visit: June 2015
Reviewed 23 July 2015

I thoroughly enjoyed my lunch here, got a half turkey sandwich with their famous potato dill. Definitely worth a visit! Service was prompt too, and they offer tons of flavours of soft ice cream in the summer. What's not to like?

Date of visit: July 2015