All reviews english pub vintage hotel vintage wine attached pub downtown saskatoon sitting room strong shower single room hotel downtown chain hotels older hotels have stayed here many times location is excellent bed was comfortable winston flaws convenience
Reviewed 15 December 2017

I choose this hotel based on the location - the company I was visiting was literally across the street. The hotel is an older one, more "classic" style, a lot of dark wood and thick carpets and brass. If you like that style, it`s okay for you. I prefer more modern design. The room was clean, the bathroom has been remodeled, so that was all ok. The furniture shows some usage, but nothing too bad. The breakfast was rather simple, good enough to get started. Fresh fruits was a pleasant surprise, but the coffee was not drinkable for me (but then, I am an Espresso snob).

All in all a fair choice if you are looking for a budget hotel in CBD.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 15 November 2017

I booked the Senator strictly on price and the old adage is you get what you pay for.
The room was clean and the bed was.comfortable, however I was only there to sleep and leave early. The rooms are small and not conducive to spending any time in your room.
Unfortunately I did not have time to enjoy the dining facilities which I understand are great.

Room tip: On the back side with no view.
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Richard S
Reviewed 24 October 2017

Old British style with a fine dining restaurant, English pub, and vintage wine and bar on site. Located at the heart of downtown, very convenience.

Very clean and the staffs are very nice. The hotel is including breakfast every morning. I stayed by myself in a single room with a king size bed, very comfortable.

Coin laundry is available on each floor, which is very convenience to clean my clothes.

I checked in after 11pm and the pub was still opening, so that I could grab a beer and snack before going to sleep, very nice.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

The hotel is over 100yrs old and has been very well upgraded in ways that augment its character and charm. The rooms aren’t lavish by today’s measure but they are apt and function well. The wifi was good and the bed was comfortable. I loved the vintage wine bar and the decorations style of the restaurant. The food is amazing and the Winston’s pub next door has a tremendous list of ales to choose from. It was a great stay in all ways and I will definitely come back.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

Quirky, but tired boutique hotel located downtown. Really needs a refresh. Worn and frayed furniture and a weird odor in the hallways. Bathrooms at least 20 years old if not older. No conditioner or refills on bathroom amenities. Service is quite pleasant, but confused and inefficient. Very little parking, though it's free. Two and a half stars. Rounded up since staff was so nice.

Date of stay: September 2017