“Tres Bien!”

Price range: US$0 - US$100
Good for: Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

Visit from the states while staying in Sherbrooke. Had the Grand Tasting selection and for 39CAD a real bargain for the quality. Would have paid close to 70 in Montreal. Salmon, fish soup, sweat breads, and Rabbit are all excellent! Even provided an English menu! Will go back. I forgot that it is bring your own wine, saved my boss some money.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

One of the best restaurant in the Eastern townships at a decent price. We have been going there for years and it is always a great classy cuisine experience. From the entree to the dessert, it is just perfect. Bonus: you bring your own wine.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

just love this place, we have been going for a very long time and never get tired of it. The food and service is out standing.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

I live 2 km away from the Chou and it always amazes me to think they can serve a sublime cuisine like that in the medium range price. It is a "Bring your own wine" so you can have a feast with wine for an affordable price.

It is definitely my meeting place with my friends.

Reviewed 18 February 2018

This is probably what most people think of when they think classy restaurant, dimmed lights, red tablecloths, quiet, restrained and comfortable.

First, the food, it's what you'd expect out of it, good, subtle tastes, a little texture play and just filling enough without making you feel bloated. I had the escargot mussels, sole and profiteroles, but obviously we shared, so I got a taste of the tasteful rabbit and mushroom caps.

The atmosphere was nice, we never felt rushed or uncomfortable. We went for the second service on Saturday night, at 8:15PM. We got there at 8 and stayed until 1:30 AM. Even though they close at 10PM, there is no issue staying longer if you are enjoying the evening.

Finally, the price, so I was actually expecting to spend a lot more than I did last night. For two, entrée, meal, dessert, and coffee the total bill came up to 80$ plus tip, which I personally found very reasonable.

All in all, if you're in the mood for the more typical style of fine dining it's a good place to go, but if you want to be surprised and excited by your food then try this place another night.