“Delicious and exotic”

Ranked #32 of 360 Restaurants in Sherbrooke
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

Absolutely delicious appetizers; humus and crisp salad and falafel. Abondance of fresh pita bread. Main dishes are fresh and hearty. Large servings of very good quality Marocan food. Couscous is very very good. The beef, lamb, chicken and shrimp are very well prepared and served tasty and hot. You can bring your own wine! Wonderful Morocan mint tea.

Reviewed 11 December 2015 via mobile

We were very cold and we're looking for a place to eat and decided to enter Baladi. I had my first poutine here. They forgot to add chicken in my poutine. Was still good. We got to see a surprising belly dance also while we were there!

Reviewed 29 November 2015 via mobile

We went there on a Saturday night for a friend's birthday.
We ordered our food and even if it was a busy night it arrived promptly. It was tasty and then the music started and the belly dancer arrived and danced around the tables.
The baklava was some of the best I've had and the mint tea ended the meal really well.
All and all a really good experience.
The one downside, it is a little small so you are close to the other patrons depending on where you are sitting and from the outside it doesn't look like much. If you go through the front door though you'll have a good time at a reasonable price.

Reviewed 8 March 2015 via mobile

We went to have some sandwiches. One had chicken and the other had lamb. They were excellent. We were still hungry so we ordered a plate of hummus. They told us it was prepared on site but the texture and taste reminded me of hummus from a can... We were served by what appeared to be the owner/cook. All was well. My partner went outside for a smoke and I asked a nearby waitress for directions to the restroom. She was weird and looked at me funny for asking. I then went to pay but they have a counter where you order food and another to pay. The same waitress directed me to the counter to pay and I stood there for a while. Note that there were 2 other tables being served in the restaurant. I would have expected the waitress to go alert the owner that we wanted to pay... He eventually showed up. Service could be improved and firing that waitress would be a first step! Her attitude showed she could not care less!

2  Thank World_Traveler007_12
Reviewed 3 November 2014

I don't really like buffet eating and I was disappointed about the selection they offered. They had just reopened after a couple of years (a fire damaged the restaurant). Maybe they had not returned to their old selves.