“Good food, but the show adds more”
Review of Restaurant Baladi

Restaurant Baladi
Ranked #35 of 353 Restaurants in Sherbrooke
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 November 2015 via mobile

We went there on a Saturday night for a friend's birthday.
We ordered our food and even if it was a busy night it arrived promptly. It was tasty and then the music started and the belly dancer arrived and danced around the tables.
The baklava was some of the best I've had and the mint tea ended the meal really well.
All and all a really good experience.
The one downside, it is a little small so you are close to the other patrons depending on where you are sitting and from the outside it doesn't look like much. If you go through the front door though you'll have a good time at a reasonable price.

Reviewed 8 March 2015 via mobile

We went to have some sandwiches. One had chicken and the other had lamb. They were excellent. We were still hungry so we ordered a plate of hummus. They told us it was prepared on site but the texture and taste reminded me of hummus from a can... We were served by what appeared to be the owner/cook. All was well. My partner went outside for a smoke and I asked a nearby waitress for directions to the restroom. She was weird and looked at me funny for asking. I then went to pay but they have a counter where you order food and another to pay. The same waitress directed me to the counter to pay and I stood there for a while. Note that there were 2 other tables being served in the restaurant. I would have expected the waitress to go alert the owner that we wanted to pay... He eventually showed up. Service could be improved and firing that waitress would be a first step! Her attitude showed she could not care less!

2  Thank World_Traveler007_12
Reviewed 3 November 2014

I don't really like buffet eating and I was disappointed about the selection they offered. They had just reopened after a couple of years (a fire damaged the restaurant). Maybe they had not returned to their old selves.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

The owner of the restaurant is closed to all of his customers. He will take the time to explain each meals and the plates are generous. Nice place to go at affordable price.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Excellent moroccan food in a very simple setting (clean but basic) no frills- superb couscous and grilled meats. Friendly owner-very generous portions -great value for the money! Enjoy!